****Ladies need your HELP***

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gmom605, Oct 25, 2005.

1. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

I`v gone to see the dr for my real bad hot flashes,, mood swings ,,ect. had blood work none ,,came back normal,, so can anyone please tell me what else can they do? to stop this feeling ,,,, i do have fibro/cfs. i take gapentin ,,soma,,amitrityline,, anyone with my problem,,,,,,HELP!! gmom,,,,
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

gmom:
    Maybe another trip to the doctor and having a heart to heart talk with him about how treatment is going. If you still feel the same way, it can never hurt to get a second opinion.
    That is what I would do.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Those symptoms remind me of when I went through menopause.

Is there a chance you could be starting into this or in to peri-menopause?

They do have a blood test to tell if you are starting into one of the above.

Good luck,

Kim
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

I am the same age as you

Had the blood test done, and doc said they are fine

HOWEVER, he did note that this is just a "snapshot" of what is going on. It is "one day in the life", so on other days, the hormone levels could be really bad
  5. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

for your reply,,,,, i`ve had partial hysterectomy,i`m {49} is there another test they can give you to determine if i am going through menopause? this feeling it`s terrible ,,,my DR. SHE SAID IT WASN`T MY HORMONES!!!! I NEED TO CHANGE DR. THAT SURGERY WAS NONE 10 YRS AGO,,, gmom,,,
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I think an FSH could determine if you are starting menopause. I had a partial hysterectomy in 2/92, and I was in the middle of menopause my endo told me.

What I am wondering is could your symptoms be a side effect of one of the meds you are taking? That is probably doubtful though.

Soy products like tofu are supposed to help with estrogen problems. Possibly you do need another opinion from a doc. I don't know what else to tell you. Could it not even be related to menopause? That is something else to think of.

Hope you feel better. I wish I could offer you some help on how to feel better.

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I am a few years older than you. 52, and I had a really bad problem with hot flashes, but I have to tell you, they eventually settled down to only two to three episodes a day with no treatment. I was beside myself a few years ago! They were waking me up at night and now they have settled down and I don't wake up with them at night.

So there is hope! A few years from now, you may find you have less and less.

Take care, Sally
  8. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

from gmom605******
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

gmom65:

I have gotten so much out of the replies. Thank you for asking that question. Each one makes sense and is a bevy of opinions.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

I had a partial hysterectomy when I was 32.

When I was between 42-45 (can't remember???) I began the with terrible hot flashes, etc. - like you. Then, my GYN put me on Premarin.

Regardless of what your blood work shows, it's time for you to start on Premarin!!!!! I did and it was the best decision ever!!!!!!! Give it a try!!!!!!

I'm 54, close to 55, and I am taking the lowest dose possible of Premarin now. Started on this low dose last year. Once I started on Premarin, I have NOT had ANY of the problems that you mentioned! IT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!

If your GYN doc won't agree to the trial with Premarin, ask your PCP.

Hugs,
    Janet
    Janet
    [This Message was Edited on 10/26/2005]
  11. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

I have the answer for you. If you can find a doctor who treat woman with bio identiacl hormones. I went on them and feel like a new woman. NO more hot flashes, more energy and go for bid a sex drive.
    hugs poodlemum
  12. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I can guarantee it is menapause. See a female dr. or just a good PG. I started taking HRT ,hormone replacement therapy 5 years after my hysterectomy, and I was only 34.

GOOD LUCK! PIRT
  13. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Dear gmom605

I probably cannot offer any ideas that have not already been offered, but I can offer my support, because I've been there. My History: total Hysterectomy at 39-bad flushing etc. started at once - 5 years of incorrect hormonal treatment - which really stuffed up my whole system. Turned out that the symptoms were probably not from hormones, but from my liver - good hey? Things have settled down a little, but now that I am starting thyroid med., they flashes are really bad again. Since 1989, I have had four days without flushing, at time so severe that I just lay on the bed with the fan on all day. I know how badly it can affect you. I did get some relief with natural progesterone cream - but only after I had had a full saliva hormone profile done and used the prescription cream under the supervision of a medical expert. I believe that that was the best thing I did. I had tried over the counter progesterone creams, but could not be sure of the dose. By the time I went to the medical expert, my hormone levels (est. prog. test.) were soooo high, because I had been told to just keep raising the dose until I achieved relief. I was only making things worse. For me, the slight relief I achieved took over 1 year, as hormone levels gradually came back into normal range. I do not believe that blood tests will give you an adequate picture of what is happening and at what time of day. Find a doctor who will do 24 hour saliva testing and understands the results. Also, Bach's Rescue Remedy helps me,
    Especially with the mood swings and worry. For the little relief it gives, at least know that there are lots of us out there like you, even if the medical profession and medical advertising implies otherwise. Take care.
  14. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

just tonight i`ve gone a taken a shower i lost count,,,only half of my body i feel it`s so hot ,,i called my dr. and told her about it she said go ahead and stop all your med. and well see how that goes,,i have only 1 ovary so it might need some help,,,,,,, last night i went to sleep about 1a.m. the night sweat {glisten} woke me up it was about 4 a.m. and that anxiety feeling wow!!! i don`t wish this feeling to no body it`s a terrible feeling!!!! Thanks{Ladies}FOR YOUR REPLYS!!!! gmom,,,
  15. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

bumped for {Ladies!!}FRIENDS,,,,gmom,,
  16. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

just wanted to tell you my dear friends ,,last night was another bad night for me again ,,those night sweats are terrible !!!! and my heart is racing like if i was running ,,,,,gmom,,,
  17. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

if you read some of my old posts you will see I started on bio identical hormones a year ago. I too had terrible hot flashes and now they are gone. So are my mood swings and depression. I also got back to my normal weight. I dont want to reapeat myself so look back on my posts and you'll see what i did that worked. good luck
    poodlemum
  18. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

Hi Hanginthere,,i did i went this mor, my husband took me the em.room was full,, they run all kind of test my heart was ok they think it`s menpause,,i told them of my med. i take so i made app. fri morn. with dr.i stopped all med intake. don`t know ,,gmom
  19. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

Hanginginthere,,, do you get dizzy spells ? i told the dr. this morn. and gave me i small pill and that knock me out it was called meclizine , so i`ll ask the dr. hope she gives me some it help with my dizzy of course i was knock,lol,, gmom,,