Hi, ladies! Go away, guys! LOL. Sorry in advance if this is TMI. I was wondering if it is possible if I had an allergic/sensitivity reaction to an OTC yeast infection treatment, and if anyone else has ever experienced this. I have a vag yeast infection, and started one of those OTC treatments that I have used from time to time for years. It is miconozole nitrate (sp?). It is a 3-day treatment with the pre-filled syringes and external cream. Well, after I used the first pre-filled syringe last night and lay down to go to sleep, I had the most intense, painful BURNING from it!! I got out the information packet, and it said side effects could include MILD increase in burning, itching, and irritation. But this was ANYTHING but mild!!! It was so bad I had to get up and wipe it out as best I could (sorry, I know, TMI). I should have bathed, but it was late and I had already taken my sleep meds, and didn't want to get in the tub. Fortunately, I am fine today. So no lasting damage. It took a while to stop burning though. But it's so weird. I have used these treatments for years with no reaction like this before. Could this be a new allergic reaction? I AM more chemically sensitive than I used to be. Also, if I am allergic to one, will I be allergic to all of those "-oles"? If so, what else can I use to treat yeast infections? (I am already addressing diet and trying some probiotics). Thanks for anyone bearing with me on this post!