LADIES: SENSITIVE FEMALE TOPIC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by petsrme, Apr 13, 2006.

1. petsrme

petsrme Member

I am a little reluctant to broach this subject because it is kind of embarrassing and I am almost sure that no one else has ever had this happen, but I see so many people here who have the same things going on that I do or that each other has, that I thought I would mention it.

I have noticed over the past few years that my cotton underwear get holes in them in exactly the spot where the urethra is, if you know what I mean. I am a very clean person and use wet wipes several times a day to wipe when I urinate. I am average size now so I don't think that would factor in it. I do have blood and protein in my urine and have Kidney and UTI infections frequently. I used to get yeast infections often also. I haven't had one of those as far as I know, in awhile.

I just bought bag of new underwear about two months ago because I needed a smaller size. Two pairs of these now have a quarter size hole in that area. This kind of freaks me out. Am I leaking acid or something. Is this normal. It doesn't happen in silky underwear, just the cotton and you can tell it is two layers of fabric when it gets the hole. Is this common? Anyone else relate. I might have to delete this real fast if no one else has this happen. LOL! I just know we all have so many weird things that happen in common, I thought I would throw out a really weird one! I hope you all are doing good.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/13/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/13/2006]
  2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I don't have that happen to me. But is sounds like you need to drink more water. It will help you to dilute your urine.That way it won't be so strong. I don't know if it means you have a bladder infection now but if this really concerns you have it checked out soon.

Wish I could help more. Hugs ,Rosemarie
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

You are smart to question this. Something is wrong. Please see your Dr. on this.

Let me know how it goes and what is said.

Good Luck and many Blessings.......Susan
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

heard of your problem, but maybe others will reply.

I also have blood and protein in my urine, and have no reason why. They've done all the tests and still come up with nothing.

I'm sure it would be embarrassing, but have you ever told a urologist about it? Maybe find a woman urologist and see what she thinks.

I'm with you though, I'd sure want to know what was causing it. I guess you could just stop using the cotton ones???

Dara
  5. petsrme

petsrme Member

Thank you all so much. I am going to ask my gyno about this at my pap smear exam. It will be embarrassing, but hopefully, I will see the lady doc in the office that day. It has stumped me why it could be happening.

Thank you for not making me feel silly for asking. I really appreciate it.
  6. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I have the same problem and have really just started noticing the problem a few weeks back.

I just haven't thought to bring it up but it is a good question.

Also someone mentioned feminine wipes, well I use them alot b/c I have noticed that they cut down on my yeast infection problems.

They put out a sensitive skin formula in these which is what I have to use b/c the other one would be to strong with all the chemicals.

Good luck, this may be another topic I bring up at my dr visit.

Need to ask all I can since it is so difficult to get in to see my dr.

Pamela
  7. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

Did you get your PH checked on your blood? I have simular the same thing. urine is too acedic.(spelling).

I cant use panty lines either b/c of the acid form the urine
    then gives me a yeast infection.

just a suggestion when you wash your undies......use a bit of bleach to kill any bacteria and use no fabric softner

as that can cause problems down there as well..

soap I use is plain Dove ..

wildflowers2
  8. matthewson

matthewson New Member

It probably is where a seam is and the seam just gives away. I am a sewer and I can tell you, they don't sew seams very well in mass produced garments. If you tried wearing men's underwear, which is better constructed and thicker, I don't think you would have that problem.

Normal urine is on the acidic side. I wouldn't worry about it.

Take care, Sally
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This may seem weird but isn't.

I had a whole bunch of my underwear get these holes,right in the same area, and I could not fathom it.

Then I saw my dog was stealing the underwear and chewing the hole there. My DH was finding the undies on the floor and putting them back in the hamper.

Just a thought. If no wicked doggie around, then yes, I would sure see a doc(not dog)(LOL) about it.
    Love Anne C
  10. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Do you wax or shave?

As the hair's grow back they are stiff and can make holes in the crotch area of your underwear.

Just a thought, especially with summer here, bathing suit season.")

Best wishes,
    Claudia
  11. petsrme

petsrme Member

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions. It was also good to hear there are a few who have had this happen too.

I will try to remember all the questions and answer them.

I don't have any irritation in that area. The only time I have a problem is if I have a very bad yeast infection and I haven't had one in awhile.

I only use wipes a few time a day freshen up when I go. I use the sensitive kind and use toilet paper the rest of the day because wipes are expensive and I want to make them last.

I DO have dogs. LOL! But they don't get near my underwear as far as I know. I had never thought of that. But they are little doggies who can't get in the hamper. I'll have to keep an eye on them just in case because they are the type that will get into whatver they can.

The holes that appear are about one inch below the seam and exactly where the urine would come out. I am sorry for being so blunt. I don't know how else to put that.

I do believe it has something to do with acid. But someone mentioned shaving and I do shave that area so that could be it. I had not thought of that. I don't all the time, but do sometimes.

I will try the bleach and all of your suggestions. You never know what will work and I am will to try them all. Wamps I think you said it great, though, I think I will just forget about the cotton panties. They apparently aren't tough enough for me.

Thank you all so much. I cannot say how great you all are. You don't make anyone feel nuts for bringing up a topic and you are so helpful and nice. Thats why I love it here.
  12. belly_acres

belly_acres New Member

Bleach will weaken the cotton and the holes could become worse. Check your laundry soap and soak them in vinegar - it kills the bacteria and is scentless when dry. Also it won't irriate that area - bleach never totally rinses out in my experience. I have learned how to clean with vinegar and baking soda as I have so many allergies and react to the smell of bleach. Also ammonia on clothing is a huge no no for irritation factors!

Cori

ps - try changing brands or look for natural, chemical free cotton - nothing dyed, if you can find egyptian cotton it is the best!
  13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

my little puppy, rottweiler the hoodini, anyways would grab my darn undies on the floor and sit there and suck holes in them...

and if they were clean in a basket right of the dryer the panty thief would want to grab the panites and go with them..

i learned hurry up and hind them in dresser draw...

he was protective over me...great dog...i miss him...so smart...he would turn the door knobs and let himself out of the kitchen to back yard,,,

he would turn on and off the shower knobs when he was six old to take a shower...it was hilarious...i thought it was the room mate coming hoem during the day taking a shower in there...nope it was ator....caught one while watching the simpson's...my bathroom was right accross from my bedroom door...

hb checked to see if walt was in there showering...no answer . then we caught him nice steaming hot shower...the darn pup was 6 weeks when he bought him...and 8 weeks when we got his verikennel...

i had a neighbor call me and left message ator had my water spicket on in the back yard and he was flooding it out so she came over and shut it off and put him in his kennel...

he would getout of his kennel door too....

jodie
  14. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

ive never had that happen to me its a bit scary though if i were you id go & see your doctor.
    I will pray for you & yours
    Very gentle hugs for you (((((((.
    Fibrolady37.
  15. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

years ago! I never knew what caused it. It doesn't seem to happen anymore. That is a good question. I'll have to think back on that and see what I figure out.
    Cindy
  16. marilynb

marilynb New Member

years ago, it happened all the time. I used to have a lot of yeast infections & I would sometime wake myself up at night scratching very virorously. So, I constantly had holes there. Haven't had it happen in a while though.
    So I believe mine was caused from the scratching.

Marilyn
  17. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

When I had periods, I would use the pads that stuck to my panties. After a time, the adhesive would wear holes in the crotch.

Jana
  18. petsrme

petsrme Member

I will let you know what my doctor says at my physical. It will be awhile before I have it, but I will remember. LOL! Thanks again for all your help. I appreciate it so much.