Ladies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by neldwn2me, May 30, 2006.

1. neldwn2me

neldwn2me New Member

I am wondering when and if you tell a new person in your life that you have fibro. I had a husband that told everyone he new how lazy, and how messy, and how much I slept. I have been on Disability since 1998. I do what I can when I can. And I just dont wont that hurt or that humiliation any more,becouse of my Illness. I get so tired of folks and there opinons of me. Well , Thanks. Love and Blessings to you all.
  2. neldwn2me

neldwn2me New Member

Sometimes I feel so alone. Then I remember that you All are ther and it makes able to go another day. I had not thought about scedualing my days like that. great idea. God Bless. And once agin thanks.
  3. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Mine may not be the best advice you'll recieve here, but I am one of those who believe that everything needs to be out in the open up front. If someone is truly going to be the friend you need, then they will show it by showing interst in your disease by doing all they can to understand it. Also, it is good to let them know the difficulties they will have in the relationship. If they are not willing to go through this with you, then let them go.
    If, on the other hand, you do not tell them early on, then it will be very painful when you realize that they are not willing to endure this with you....by that time you will already have emotional ties that are hard to break.
    I hope this came out as I hear it in my mind. So bear with me if it was confusing.....