Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 3gs, Nov 22, 2009.

1. 3gs

3gs New Member

I have read your posts about how much you are struggling. also from the old board.

I totally understand where you are coming from inregards to Switzerland.
    last night while watching The Wedding Gift another movie they had was A short Stay in Switzerland. I thought you may like to watch if you can,maybe even have mother and sis watch.

Hoping your health improves and choices can be different.
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

thank you :). i found out about the movie today and have ordered it from my mail rental store. i also ordered the book from the library, which is supposed to be good.

i want my mother to read books about CFS but i am not sure if it would depress her even more so i do not ask. my sister i do not think would benefit. i have been talking to her lately about how bad i am doing and her doctor is angry. her mental illness has worsened considerably and it is my fault!

the only option i have is to get better....but how?

if only AZT will work...i wish there was someone who has already taken it....

3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i have had that thought too.

i have to fight for her now...but i am losing strength.

its a mess.

i spoke to her just now. since i have gotten sicker, she has gotten sicker with worry. she can hardly walk now and they do not know what is wrong!

a happy ending to this story seems like a long shot :(

thanks for the post:)
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

A Short Trip to Switerland, is about a Dr. who watched her husband die from a horrible disease,then she got the same disease.
    Its good because her kids have a terrible time with her decision,so its very enlighting on how to handle this. I didnt know there was a book,I'll ck my library.

I understand the sititution with your sis. Its hard,because we need someone to talk too but are afraid of overwhelming them. I also in am in this situation right now. Plz dont feel it is your fault,I think she would feel worse if you didnt talk to her.

Wish I knew how to get us better. My slide is getting worse also.

Why cant they let us decide to try stuff? Our bodies,our suffering...
    Did you see 60 mins last night? Finally a doc willing to let us decide when enough is enough and why cant we get it here or discuss it with them.

take care love jen
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

yes...every single person, except one, has all but stopped talking to me since i announced my decision to go to switzerland (but my plan is on hold now cuz of XMRV).

ironically, my GP and therapist (whom I am too sick to see now) both supported my decision, as they had other CFS/FM patients and understood the agony.

i guess there is a reason to hang on longer now cuz of XMRV but a month ago, I was 110% sure I had had more than enough.
  6. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I've been thinking of you, ladybugmandy. I'm glad you are still hanging on, in spite of how difficult your life has been.

My life has been difficult, too, in other ways. I am clinging to the hope that the XMRV gives me.

7. 3gs

3gs New Member

I thought I was the only one to sick to see the doctor! My family will get mad about this and dont understand Im to sick to go! its crazy.

Made the stupid attempt to go to er. What a joke. basically came home worse than when I went and all they said was what ever-your on your own.

I did happen to get a nurse wh has a family member with this,so told him about XMRV. So one good thing came out of the visit!

tm will try my doc and take him article. reason Im hanging on too.

glad to hear your more up about it. Hang in there. I have a sis who supports my decsion