lamictal and topamax ("gabby")

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vbjess, Jan 11, 2006.

1. vbjess

vbjess New Member

Hi all,

I haven't been on the board for a while now. I'm a third-year college student, just recently diagnosed with fibro, although I figured it out two years ago when I got sick during my first year of school.

I'm currently being seen by a rather well-known doc in the fibro community in Virginia Beach, even though I'm going to school elsewhere in Virginia. In my limited experience with them, their office has been a pain in my 11 of 14 tender points to deal with. I've seen somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 doctors in the last two years and I've probably been on about 20 drugs for a month or longer for things directly related to fibro. I just want to be fixed.

I just started the Lamictal about ten days ago, and I'm not sure if I like it or not. I don't remember why I'm on it, to be quite honest. Can anyone help with that? I vaguely remember other members talking about this doctor on this board (don't know if it's against the rules to give a specific name or not, maybe a moderator can help). Is it just "nerve pain?" I don't know of another doctor's office in the world that would accept that explanation. I have to call them later today about something else, but I wanted to try and get other input as well.

:-/

Jess
  2. vbjess

vbjess New Member

I do know that it is generally either used for epilepsy or bipolar disorder... neither or which I have. Neither do I get much of the early morning stiffness (not enough to warrant a 100mg anti-convulsant pill every morning!!). In the excitement and shuffle of all the appointments and pills, I missed that one.
  3. vbjess

vbjess New Member

4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I take lamictal for seizures. Did they do an EEG on you?

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Don't forget to stop and smell the puppies.
  5. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

vbjess,

I take 300mg of Lamictal 2x day and 300mg Neurontin 3x day for seizures. It took a lot of working with the dosage to eliminate for the most part my seizures. I haven't had a seizure for about 3-4 months. I thank God for both of them.

The Lamictal has not helped me with morning stiffness though.

Dee