Lamictal questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emiltim, Nov 29, 2005.

1. emiltim

emiltim New Member

My neuro put me on Lamictal 2 months ago along with my paxil cr for FM/CFS symptoms. He said it is a mood stabilizer ( I am also bi-polar).

I really don't think I like it! I have been SOooo irritable!! I just hate this feeling!! The paxil cr (but not regular paxil) has worked well for me for depression for the last several years.

I was hoping that the combo would help with the pain, and fatigue. The fatigue has been worse, and the pain about the same.....now I get to start all over again with something else.

I asked about cymbalta, but he said it could cause more 'manic' episodes.

Anyone have any advice????

Thanks! -Julie
  2. Suz100

Suz100 New Member

Hi My doc put me on lamictal just for the fm pain and he uses it for most of his fm patients, he said alot of them have much less pain on it...
    My personal experience was that as soon as I took it, it made my head feel clearer and my vision was sharper(I suffer with fuzzy vision most of the time...not just shortsightedness)as if it had fine tuned something in my brain....i felt more alert...but as for the pain it was no help........I was only on it for 8 weeks though so this may not have been long enough although doc said if it was going to work for pain it would have worked by then..[This Message was Edited on 11/29/2005]