LAMOTTA et al, HOW TO GET OVER FOOD SENSITIVITIES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanne-in-Canada, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

This is directed to Lamotta, just because he asked me directly, but it may help anyone who needs to get over multiple food sensitivies.

Lamotta,

Sorry I didn't answer you sooner, but I've been so exhausted. We went on vacation for 5 days and now I'm getting over it. So bear w/ me, this is very important, and something I'd like to help w/ if I can. I'm still wiped, but give this a bump and I'll fill it in when I have more steam.

Jeanne
    [This Message was Edited on 07/22/2006]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I am also interested in getting over multiple food sensitivities....do you have information?

Thanks!!
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

for y'all... hope you're feeling better Jeanne!

V

5. SherylD

SherylD Guest

We're all ears!
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

- broad spectrum enzymes to properly digest meals
    - pure aloe vera juice to heal gut, also contains enzymes
    - avoid worst food allergies like black plague (may take a yr, but should eventually be able to eat them occasionally again)
    - eat minor food sensitivies maybe once weekly
    - introduce lots of new foods into the diet
    - try not to eat the same things every day, rotate your diet randomly
    - breath deep when eating and avoid eating when stressed
    - chew very thoroughly and eat slowly, will get indigestion much less this way and absorb nutrients better
    - eat a bit of raw w/ each meal or snack (baby carrots, lettuce, celery, bell peppers, cucumber, etc.)
    - don't eat sweets w/ protein, will cause indigestion and foul gas from putrification
    - eat smaller meals and snacks more often, this takes a big burden off your digestion, will cause less hypoglycemia and drowsiness after eating
    - never eat till full, just till satisfied (eating slowly helps this alot)

Can answer questions or fill in blanks later. Have my darn period now. Good luck guys. Btw, this works better than trying to manage them by that drive you nuts rotation diet stuff. I hated rotation dieting, it just stressed me out and didn't clear the allergies.

Jeanne
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Yep, gut reactions are only part of it, I get weird reactions all over my body, some were cognitive. My sensitivity to wheat (got over it) caused constipation even w/ bran, but less refined forms of wheat instead of making me less sensitive caused much more acute reactions. Whole wheat could cause brainfog, dizziness, headache, and bulgar, like if I ate Tabouli (Lebanese parsely salad, yum) would cause me to feel high just like it was altering neurotransmitters.

My sensitivity to canola oil (new last year due to drug that corroded my gut) is one I'm still working on. I'm in the trying to avoid it stage, but eating out, its in so many things in Canada. I get headache, which is mild, but later I get a ticking in my ear, always at bedtime too, very annoying. Its like the little ear hammer is going overtime. If I keep eating canola, then my outer ear will get red, break out in sores and I can't lie on that ear at all and cleaning it is agony.

MSG can make me feel quite high w/ headache, but a mild reaction causes bloat, gas, abdominal pain. I used to be sensitive to chicken and pork, and got that exaggerated tryptophan response of severe fatige after eating it, like I'd been drugged, cleared that though. I didn't have to avoid either one, I just limited how often I ate them and took extra enzymes every time I ingested. As I healed my gut, the reaction subsided.

Jeanne
  8. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

I thought this was important though. I went throught NAET treatments and it really does work. Get references on your practitioner because from what I have heard some are better than others.

Search it under NAET, N.A.E.T. or Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Technique. It's a sort of accupressure sort of thing. Teitelbaum recommends it also.

Gretchen
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

from improper digestion, doesn't matter where the symptoms hit you, its the same mechanism gone awry. More later, been shopping, and am soooo sore and hungry.

jeanne
  10. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Great Info Jeanne. Can i add the use of a high quality probiotic. I was eating an extreme elimination diet of highly boring dimensions .Encapsulated probiotic that bypasses the stomach acid has enlarged my menu enormously.I would say these probiotics have been the best supplement overall in 14 yrs of trial and error work.
  11. susigirl53

susigirl53 New Member

What is the name of the probiotic you got results with?
  12. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I get that same drugged feeling you are talking about...I am trying to eat very little just to try to figure things out...

Once you take away things and then introduce them back in you will see what is causing the problem...

I know Jeanne mentioned MSG...You should do a search on that there are lots of hidden names...ALSO...Do a search on sulfite sensitivity...

Do you get the really bad burning in your muscles??? Like you did some sort of workout but you didn't??

I am working on healing the gut and treating for yeast...I think you have to do that first to overcome the MCS...

I have noticed I have been able to handle smells a little better lately..

I just ordered Lakewood pure organic aloe vera today...I was taking an aloe but had stopped and then reintroduced it and it causes me alot more pain...Then I read the ingredients and it was loaded with preservatives...But even though it made my pain worse it did really help my stomach...So I can't wait to get this new aloe..

A good start would be a good probiotic and pure aloe vera..And diet changes..Write down everything you eat and the affect you had after you ate it...but you can have affects up to 48 hours after something...I can tell within 10 min...especially on an empty stomach..

Let me know how it goes and what you try...I struggle everyday with this...I did all of the allergy testing and got nowhere with that...I'm kinda at a lost..

SherylD

13. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

OMX
    Fairly expensive but multiple benefits.e.g. Improves my sleep if i wakw up and take it with water on an empty stomach.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/23/2006]
  14. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Hi There...

I can not do the Shake...I figured that out after doing it for awhile...First of all I think the almonds(maybe unless organic) are sprayed with sulfites...and the whey protien it really high in glutamate. Then you add a apple that is not pealed it is sprayed with something too...unless it's organic...

I was doing a treatment a while back and realized everything I was doing was making me worse..Well everything I was taking had some sort of preservative or glutamate...

I do believe though if you heal the gut first we should not have such a terrible reaction to everything...Because if the gut is healed it will not allow everything to go through out the rest of the body...

So when treating the gut make sure you find the most naturally stuff you can...Like your supplement should be in a powder form with NO preservatives...And you should eat as much organic as possible...and always peal everything!

Go to a site called msgmyth....I learned alot there. All the hidden names...and things such as the capsuls on the pills are msg..

But it still goes back to the whole yeast thing...I think that is the cause of all the chemical and additive sensitivities we have...If that goes untreated then everything just gets worse...

So when doing a diet think of what a caveman would eat...Keep it that simple. So that for about 10 days...Then start adding things back in one at a time...You'll start to notice what is bothering you...I have a different reaction to different things...It's weird.

Get a good probiotic...I just ordered a powder one called Florabiotic 16...I haven't tried it yet but I am going to give it a whirl...I just ordered some aloe vera that is orgaic with no preservatives...

Read every lable once you know what you are looking for...And just rememeber it all takes time!!

Jeanne...Thank you for you post...they are very helpful!

SherylD
  15. tansy

tansy New Member

effect in a cycling manner now, whereas it used to be like it all the time.

For me a hunter gatherer diet worked best. The HG diet remains a popular first step with many health practitioners and medical professionals who treat allergies, MCS, IBS etc. Other than that good probiotics, though it took a while to find what suited me best, digestive enzymes, and alternatives to treat candida, parasites and bacterial infections worked.

TC, Tansy

16. SherylD

SherylD Guest

What is the HG diet?? I would like to know about that...

And what digestive ensymes do you use??? I think they would really help me too..
  17. tansy

tansy New Member

to cut back on typing which is difficult and painful for me: HG = hunter gatherer diet.

This is not for everyone but it seems to be a good starting point. Often it's a matter of trial and error.

This diet exludes many starchy foods which are more of a problem for me than sugar. I don't usually eat sugar, but if I'm out, or someone has prepared food for me, sugar does me less harm than starchy grains and vegetables.

I use Sedona lab's iflora and sporogene probiotics. Whilst on long term low dose ABx a few years ago, not for ME or borreliosis/lyme, I took primal defense which worked remarkably well for me at the time. I've not needed PD since.

TC, Tansy
  18. Jeanne-in-Canada

If I'm remembering right, and that's a big if, the shake is said to boost the brain's serotonin levels for the day. Some people are very sensitive to the action of serotonin. I for one have an immediate reaction to just one dose of SSRI a.d.'s. do you know if you are sensitive to SSRI's or not?

Jeanne
  19. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Can you name some foods that you avoided on this diet??...I notice that potatoes and carrots seem to bother me...And wheat seems to be another problem..

I will do a search and see If I can find more on it..
  20. SherylD

SherylD Guest

There is no way I could handle any of those type of drugs...I was all out of wack..