Lantus Clincial Study & Lantus Users

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by juliejean88, Jan 1, 2004.

1. juliejean88

juliejean88 New Member

I have just entered a study for Lantus long-acting insulin. I'm very happy to participate in this as it's been described by my MD as a very safe study and involves no placebos. I'm interested in hearing from other diabetics who are participating in or have participted in a similar study, and finding out their experiences, results, and opinions. I'd also appreciate hearing from users of Lantus and their experiences, results, and opinions. JJ
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

and have not had any problems so far.

I take 22 units. Do you know if that's considered a lot or not?

What is your study supposed to prove?
  3. PaDutchman52

PaDutchman52 New Member

Hello,

I just joined tonight and saw your post. I take Lantus (70 U ) and have for some time now. No side effects at all. Really has helped me with the blood sugars, I recommend this insulin to anyone who is thinking of trying it.
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

How long did it take you to work up to 70 U?

Now, I'm up to 26U. I keep inching up until I get better results?

Is 70U considered a lot for Lantus?
  5. TexasGram

TexasGram New Member

Gee, you guys are making me feel better allready. i just started a week ago at 8 units and now am at 14. I was afraid I was moving up too fast. I have heard some folks take up to 100. Do you have fluctuations? i have a night number of 210 and morning of 125......What should the ideal numbers be???
  6. PaDutchman52

PaDutchman52 New Member

I have been taking Lantus for sometime now and when I first started I was at 10 U. Then I kept going up little by little until the numbers were stable. I told the pharmacist that I thought 70 U was alot and he said to me ( his exact words ) "no, it isn't, not really." I come to the theory that everyone needs different amounts of insulin according to their weight, activity level, etc. Just keep experimenting and when you finally get the numbers you are satisfied with then stay with that number of units of Lantus. Good Luck.

PaDutchman
  7. polythenepam

polythenepam New Member

Hi all, new here. I've been diabetic for 21 years on NPH insulin. Just switched to Lantus 6 months ago am taking 26 units a day and feel pretty good. I was taking around 30 units total of NPH a day.