Laptop/notebook

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lea, Feb 2, 2007.

1. lea

lea Member

Kevin Trudeau,in his book, mentions laptops as being unhealthy to use. Does anyone use them, and what is your experience?

thank you
    lea
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Here's a bump for you!

I used a laptop at work--when I had to take it on business trips, but didn't care for it.

I'm retired now and have a desktop computer at home.

Hugs,
    jlh
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have no idea if they are bad for you or not BUT

I have a laptop that I use constantly. It has been the best purchase I have made. It allows me to have social connections and interests and fun even when I can't sit in a regular chair at a desktop computer.

I love my laptop and so far it has done me way more good than harm.
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

If I didn't have my laptop and couldn't look up what's wrong with me, I'd still be lying in bed suffering and dying. I have used the heck out of Dr. Google and made it work for me; my regular doctors seemed to be unable to point out simple nutrient deficiencies.

It may be unhealthy to a healthy person, but I'm already broken and I need it to fix myself. Ironically, like dragon said, I'm getting more benefits from the information than harm from the high frequency electromagnetic field, which I'm assuming is the problem Trudeau is talking about. I probably wouldn't let my kid (if I had any) sit near one all day, though.

And when I'm "cured" enough, it will be mostly back to nature for me, no more playing with gadgets all the time.

karen
  5. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I prefer a laptop too and have always used mine and it allows me to sit anywhere that is comfortable for me whether it is on the couch, recliner or bed.

For me sitting at my desktop puts more strain on me and hurts my arms constantly from being held up.

I guess it could be unhealthy if you stare at it all day so I have to limit my time on. Interesting though.