laptop question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LindaJones, Aug 30, 2007.

1. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

Hi All --

I recently bought a laptop computer so I can do some work from home. This is my first time using a laptop and I am finding that it is causing my eyes to feel like the are burning. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,
    Linda
  2. pasara

pasara New Member

get a separate keyboard and mouse for your laptop so that you are not sitting so close. it makes a huge difference. also you can get a keyboard that is more ergonomic than the built in one on a laptop. it will extend the life of your laptop too. i use a microsoft wireless comfort keyboard and optical mouse and love it.

if you are sensitive to electromagnetic fields some people put little devices on their computers that supposedly reduce EMF exposure. I do not know a lot about this, but you could investigate that as well if you think an issue for you, as it is for many people.
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Yes, I have had that problem. If you have a larger screen you can connect it to your laptop and use it. When I am working at a desk with the laptop I do that.

I have all flat panel screens now which are nice.
  4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Have you tried dimming the monitor light. I almost always have to dim mine especially with a white background.

tee