Laptops and Lap cats....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kathleen12, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

You can't have both!! I see quite of few of you here have the little purrrr babies so maybe you can understand...

I have 4 adorable cats who are litterally my life. Two of whom I bottle raised from the day of their birth. Don't know what I'd do without them.

Funny thing is, they can't wait until I sit down on my sofa, get all comfy, and fire up my laptop. Once it's up and I begin typing, one by one they each want to be in my lap! First, the youngest Shiloh, who is 6 months old, gets up here and tries his darndest to catch the cursor as it moves around the screen. Once I FINALLY get him off the keyboard and settled down beside my leg, then up comes Daisy. She is a more mature cat who is no longer really interested in playing but is such a love sponge. So now, she is trying to get in my lap to absorb as much love and attention as she can get. She will NOT take no for an answer! But after much persuasion, I get her settled in next to my other leg and guess what......Here comes Dolly! So I have to go through getting her settled somewhere else near me so I can give her some pettings, too. There have actually been times when I just give up trying to read posts, answer email, etc, so I close the computer and give my spoiled little critters the love they so deserve!
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Oh boy, what happens if you have to get up to go to the restroom?!

I don't have any cats. Don't even have a dog anymore, but we take care of my sister's dog whenever they go away. Tiger - who is anything but, HAS to be touching me constantly. I can't get anything done when he's 'visiting'.
  3. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

They follow me in there, too! My littlest gets on my lap while Im "perched" there, and can't wait for the toilet to flush so he can play in the incoming water! Thank goodness he has no interest in what's inside the toilet bowl! He just hangs his body over the edge and plays with the clean refill water.
  4. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I have a Sheltie, and she knows that the cats rule this house! LOL. She showed up at our doorstep after H. Katrina and here she stayed. I eventually found her owners who offered to sell her to me. So my husband bought her for me for my birthday.

By the way, I've always loved Rottwilers! They are such baabies.
  5. cmmachin

cmmachin New Member

issues myself. I think mine like the little bit of heat pumped out from the fan plus they know momma is going to be sitting still for a long time. One is always on one side rubbing it chin on the screen while the other is on the other side doing the exact same thing. My laptop always looks like it is having minnie seziures due to the screen moving all over the place . This goes on for about 30-40 minutes before I can have a normal screen againe.

Sheepwrestler; I LOVE rottwielers. I use to have one and she was the biggest baby, snuggler, and lover bug ever. She was my kids best playpal and soccer budy plus my dog Dusty Girl loved to iceskate on our pond with the whole family. She was only six when we lost her to cancer. I have not yet found another rotty that would steal my heart like Dusty Girl did. My kids miss her teribly and it has been 3 years since 2 days before
    Christmas....that was the worst Christmas ever that year.

God Bless

6. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

I have three cats, they are my bestests friends!!

My youngest sits on my lap and talks to me all the time, she is my "baby girl".....she follows me into the computer room and sits on the couch behind me, if I move she does

The other two are around 12 and 14 years old and the eldest likes to sit on my lap and sleep at the end of the bed whilst the middle one who is neorotic and likes to stay outside away from humans loves to come in at night and sleep against me, ok in the winter but in the summer????

ITS BEEN 40 DEGREES Oz style 2 ays in a row, far too hot!!

Thanks for sharing

angel hugs to you all and your fur babies

7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

kitties love to be the centre of attention - my Hamish can't stand me being on the computer for some reason, he tugs at my legs, cries, walks over the keyboard.

They are little darlings and I don't know what I'd do without mine either.

8. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

And I would never do it,.......but get a short video of a lion roaring for your laptop. Should work to get the cute little devils off.

I've noticed that cats can tell the difference between a real cat sound versus a person pretending to sound like a cat. All sounds the same to me, but the cats know. And, typically, they totally ignore the humans.

A webcam on the cats that they can see might be fun. Just chatting, cheers, your mr Bill

[This Message was Edited on 01/11/2008]
  9. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I have only one big baby inside... Tehya (see my pic) and she will not get around me on the sofa (unless I am resting), but as soon as I sit down at the computer she heads towards it talking up a storm, then jumps up on my lap and puts her fat paws on the keyboard.

So, I totally understand. I pamper her for a bit and then make her get down. That usually lasts since I can't sit too long anyway. But, the laptop and kittens are another story I am sure...good luck sweetie!

Oh...I am another southern gal....just a lot older and ALOT less prettier than you!

Blessings....Mari (MamaR)
  10. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

My 9 month kitten Scotty is this way too. He insists on being in my arms 24/7. He loves the computer screen. For now, I attempt to hold him in my left arm and type with my right hand. But he is growing big and heavy, so this won't last long. Eventually, I have to sit him down when my arm gets tired. Then, after 27 attempts to climb back up, its all about chasing the cursor. Sometimes you just have to give in and focus on the cat. I actually have favorite pages saved just for Scotty. He likes cat videos on youtube. Plus he has a few favorite websites that involve lots of moving images.

It's not just a laptop thing though. Somehow, I think even if the monitor was affixed to the ceiling, he would still manage to get directly between it and me. Books, newspapers, crossword puzzles, etc. Anything that breaks the line of vision between you and the cat, must be forced into the background!
  11. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

any thread about cats! I love all animals, but cats are my favorites. We only have 1 now which is probably good because she should be an 'only kitty' (she hated the other cat we had and spent 5 years whacking her every time she passed by). She loves to spend hours in our laps or on one of us (and hates everyone but us) and head butts us if we try to prevent her from sitting.

My husband really wants a dog, but I said it would not be fair to kitty so we'll wait until she is gone (which will be a very sad day for me!!).