?Large Red Blood Cells???

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by TiredJudy, Jul 5, 2004.

1. TiredJudy

TiredJudy New Member

Has anyone been told that they have large red blood cells.

I have been repeated told this over several years by several doctors, and they have advised me to take B12 injections.

In reseaching this I found an interesting topic on Haemochromatosis, which is iron overload in the body.

Has anyone been diagnosed with Haemochromatosis, and what can be done. Large red blood cells, arthritis, CFS, joint pain etc. are symptoms, and I have them all....

Thanks for any info.
  2. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

Hi Judy, I don't have what you are describing,but my daughter does. They still have'nt figured out whats going on with her. It's pretty bad though. I feel for your pain. Thanks for the info ,I'll look that up. They say she has some sort of anemeia,Her red blood cells are mutating off from her other ones,instead of dying and producing new ones.Sometimes the blood cells become to large and burst inside the blood vessel. Has this happened to you?she is in the process of moving here from Wisc,Maybe they will get it together here. My best to you. I can only offer sympathy for the pain I know you must suffer. My Best ..Danisue

P.S. when the blood cells burst it causes brusing on the skin. mostly around her knees and elbows
  3. KyLady

KyLady New Member

Where in Indiana do you live? I live only across the river from Indiana in Ky. I was born in Indiana but have lived in Ky for many years. Sorry to hear about your daughter hope she finds help soon.

Kylady