Largest dose to take at one time-Neurotin advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Jan 10, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Hi all! I have started taking Neurotin at night but no pain relief yet, up all night from pain. Can anyone tell me the largest dose amount that you can take with Neurotin? Need some sleep. I am taking 300mgs right now would like to increase to more? Please help.
    Sincerely, Sleeper01
    PS:Doctor seems new to medication. Rather ask the experts-you guys!!
  2. desibumps

desibumps New Member

Hi there, I am currently on Trazadone. 50 mg a night just before bed, that gets me to sleep. I have been taking darvaset for the pain 650 mg every six hours and it has helped. I did not like the Neurotin, it didnt seem to work and left me feeling like a zombie during the day.I hope this helps you?
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Research has finally verified that FMS patients have petit mal seizures 24/7. That is why our cognitive loss occurs. That is why our sleep is odd at best.

The trick is to find the anti-seizure medication that isolates the area in the brain that is triggering the seizure activity. When you hit...BINGO. Many good things start to happen like sleep without any other meds, better short term memory, ect.

Neurotin works for me. I have been on neurotin for probably two years. I was lucky and this one hits the place in the brain triggering the seizure activity. I take it various ways but generally I take 300mg. four times a day. The rheumy who originally put me on this plan intended to increase the dose if it worked for me; unfortunately I went 14 mons w/out a doc and very scant meds. When I finally won my SSI case I ran like lightening to the doc and he followed the rheumy's plan. He admits he knows nothing of this med and the provigil so I provide him with abstracts and testimonials from this forum.

I take deseryl (finally) whick suits me well. I took it 15 years ago for clinical depression and it worked. Right now things are so screwed up that I am just going to have to gut a few things down temporarily but all in all my medications are few, relatively speaking, and I am feeling overall better. The diabetes have put an "F" factor in my life and right now I am uncontrolled which sux! I need oral surgery et al. but am too unstable. I keep trying.

Hope this helps you sort through this. CactusLil'