Larry King Friday evening

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Yucca13, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

I was watching Larry King when a woman called in and asked the doctors that were on the show what they thought about fibromyalgia.

I believe the doctor that answered the question was an anesthesiologist (but I'm not positive). His answer was that it causes a great deal of muscle pain which makes it painful to move the muscles. He also said that there seems to be a connection to some missing B vitamins, but he didn't elaborate. Also, as far as treatment goes he said that people with the syndrome should walk for 20 minutes each day.

I'm excited now!!! All I have to do is walk 20 minutes and fulfill my requirements of B vitamins (Sylvia Browne often mentions eating more protein) and I'll be cured.

I hope! I hope!
    Val :)

2. I was disappointed, they talked alot on other subjects but very quickly on fibro. I guess its a start.
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

and was very disappointed.

The explanantion they gave was not helpful and showed thier ignorance of the condition.

the one doctor is on Oprah alot he is knowledgable mainly in heart disease and how to keep biologically younger than your birthday age.

The oher guy (I'm pretty sure )is a regular MD and basically called it a "wastebasket" disease. He said when you can't find a herniatef disc or other reason for pain, you call it FM.

It was good that the question was brought up, but disappointing as to how little docotr's know about it STILL!

just my opinion anyway:),

claudia