Laryngitis Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mylilcherub428, Jun 27, 2008.

1. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

I have pretty much no voice and am assuming this is what it is. There could be a bunch of reasons I have been having gerd for 2 days I also started babysitting this week and have had to raise my voice quite a bit to get these 2 kids (mine and one I'm watching) to listen and also just raising my voice to speak over them so they can hear me

We are movin right now so I have been bustin my butt and am pretty sore. Even though I am beyond excited to move it is a stressfull event we talked aboout this when I was in therapy it is called a major life stressor along with death marraige childbirth

Also 2 days ago I was around someone with laryngitis but she said she gets it often so I doubt it was viral But 2 days seems quick for a virus to take full effect.

I know it can be caused by a virus I have no fever or anything I feel crappy but I figure it is from all the work I have been doing

Soo since ther could be soo many causes not sure if I should call my docs it is sat but they have an office 45 mins from me open on weekends but..that sounds like a tiring drive

there is also the hospital but I'm thinking just doing self treatment little talking tea with honey etc..I have also started taking my gerd med which I don't use anymore but is prilosec takes a few days

just lookin for some advice and ideas to help

I love to talk so this is hard not to talk but am trying

thanx soo much-Kim

P.s. I'll just have to "talk" here since that doess not strain my voice-Kim
  2. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

zinc like a charm.......I use them all the time. you can get them at the local drug store in the vitamin section get 2 bottles. it takes the scratchiness out in a few minutes. around $8.00

also along with is use the gummy bears-" airborne"

good luck

3. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

for more than one answer hopefully thanx-Kim