laryngitis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Borzoigal, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Borzoigal

Borzoigal New Member

Hi, I'm new to the boards. I'm wondering if anyone else experiences odd bouts of laryngitis. I've been experiencing these "episodes" for the last several years. The episodes begin with a distinctive sore throat then the next day the voice is gone. It can last anywhere from 24 hours to several days. The longest (with Dr. orders for no talking) lasted 1 month. There is no throat pain associated with the laryngitis except for the "warning". I'm curious if this goes along with FMS. Anyone else experience this? I am currently voiceless...
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Welcome to the Boards. I am also an FMS sufferer and you will meet many wonderful people here. Laryngitis is not a symptom of FMS. I would think you need to see an Otolaryngologist who specializes in, among other things, throat problems. FMS is mainly characterized by widespread pain, fatigue, and sleep disturbances. There can be other symptoms, but laryngitis is not one of them. Good luck!

Annette2
  3. dlizard

dlizard New Member

and have always had bouts with it since childhood... If I ever went to ballgame and yelled and concerts or whatever as a young girl I ended up voice strained.... now that I'm older its worse... I've also had laryngeal edema and polyps removed two times now... I feel like it is in some way connected... I think its the same for symptoms and for reactions to meds... we are truely all lumped together as one diagnosis but many of us have some odd symptoms. Good luck!