Last Birdie picture in my profile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greenbean7, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

In honor of our Washington state bird here is my goldfinch.

And yes, that pansy is another of the winter pansies I planted last fall. The plants stayed little all winter but had blooms all winter, too. Now the plants are growing and the flowers are bigger than the've been all winter. Curious to see if they keep going through another winter. Perennial pansies?

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Ohh! another sweet Bird! the goldfinches are really neat looking birds!,,,,,Ok.about the pansies~~~ you just brought the pot in at the end of summer? they are so pretty! I love the multi color ones!

This year i plan on getting a rectangular planter and going to town planting pansies in it! I usualy just plant them in the garden area,,,and they do very well out there and spread like crazy if i don't watch them!,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I planted regular pansies last spring and they did pretty good all summer but didn't look so good by late September. I took them all out and bought "winter" pansies in late September or early October. They are a hardier variety and bloomed all through our winter (we get lows in the 0's and had three weeks where it never got over about 14 degress) and they did great.

Haven't done a thing to them this spring except pinch off a few dead heads. Pansies are my DH's fav. He calls all flowers posies!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

I will look for the winter varitey on my trip to the greenhouse up town! Thanks for the tip!,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,S
  5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I've been gone for a couple days with a migraine. Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for all your kind comments.

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!

PS-Sorry, can't remember who said they were gonna check at the greenhouse for the hardier pansies. I don't think this variety is available until fall. Course it never hurts to ask!