Last day on Milnapricin *study drug)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by schaken, Jul 26, 2005.

1. schaken

schaken New Member

I am not to happy today. I have been taking Milnapricin for about 1 to 1 1/2 years now. It has been the first time in 23 years that I have felt realatively good.

The study people were really upset that the sponsor would not allow me to stay on it until approval by the FDA. They told me that this drug and another should be getting approval the end of this year or early spring next year. The study group (CTT Research) told me that they would let me know as soon as the drug(s) were approved.

I will probably know in the next few weeks how far this DD has progressed. I have had several bad stressors in the last year.

Toga, how long do you have left?

Leslie
  2. Toga

Toga Member

Hi. I've been waiting for your message. I've got until September 23rd. I will start on Cymbalta immediately then.

Do you have to go to another doctor to get Cymbalta? How long will that take?

I'm afraid I still don't understand the wait for you. I take it you have military insurance? Does that mean you see the doctor at pre-arranged times?

Let me know what its like to go off this drug cold turkey. I'm nervous about this whole process.

I'm thinking about you.

Toga
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2005]
  3. Toga

Toga Member

4. Toga

Toga Member

5. ulala

ulala New Member

I'm sorry that you will have to stop something that is helping you so much! The drug company seems to have only their best interest at heart.

If you get a doctor to write you a prescription and know anyone in a country where it is used you can get it filled. If you know someone who is going to that country they can get it for you.

I have a relative who lives in France and they filled a rx of it for me and mailed it to me. I took only one or two capsules and decided not to continue right now.

Just a thought. Hope you can figure a way to get it.

ulala
  6. Toga

Toga Member

Maybe since Leslie has been in the military, she would know someone in Europe.

I certainly don't.

Toga
  7. Toga

Toga Member

I'm getting worried about you. If you see this, please respond and let us know how your are doing.

I'm concerned about you going "cold turkey" off the Milnacipran.

Toga
  8. schaken

schaken New Member

Yes, I have military medical insurance. Will try to see a Dr. next week. So far I am doing fine even with the weather change. Don't worry about me I'll be ok.

Leslie
  9. Toga

Toga Member

Thanks for answering, I feel better. I was afraid you might be having some withdrawals.

Good luck with the dr next week.

Toga
  10. lwerth

lwerth New Member

Hi, My name is Le and I have been on milnapricin for 9 months. I was warned that in September my study was over and there is a possibility that I can not continue. I am in a panic! I heard there was a way to buy in Europe and I have a person who could get it for me. Do you know the name of the drug in Europe? I have spent hours searching and get no results.

My heart goes out to you. I know that milnapricin has given me my life back. I was walking with a cane and in bed at least 3 days out of the week and could do little when I wasn't in bed. I now walk miles, garden like crazy and have a life again. I hope you will be okay. Le
  11. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I'm pretty sure you can get it if you go to --
    International anti aging systems. I was on that site before and it looked like it was available in the states, I'm guessing here.....hope this helps you.
  12. schaken

schaken New Member

Hi all,
    Thoutht that I wouldn't leke anything as well as milnapricin. I really like cymbalta.

I start 90 mil tomorrow. The only difference between the 3 that I can tell is that I take it all at one time. (In the morning with breakfast. And i don't sweat like the dickens.

Don't know how to order milnapricin on-line or from Europe.

Try cymbalta. I think you will like it.

Leslie