Last minute votes needed to help fund ME/CFS/FM medical center!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mezombie, Aug 31, 2008.

1. mezombie

mezombie Member

Please take a few minutes to register your vote!

American Express has approved PANDORA (Patient Alliance for Neuroendocrine Disorders Organization for Research and Advocacy) for its Member Project, through which the corporation will fund nonprofit initiatives. If PANDORA secures some of these funds, they will go toward establishing a medical center devoted to illnesses like ours.

But to get a piece of the $2.5 million American Express will divide among the top 25 groups nominated, more votes are needed! Please take a moment to cast your vote now (you do not have to be an American Express member to do this). Just go to this website and follow the prompts:

[This Message was Edited on 09/01/2008]
  2. Spinetti

Spinetti New Member

Sounds like a great project! Thanks for posting, Zombie.
  3. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

It's 107 votes now - thanks for letting us know!

4. mezombie

mezombie Member

I thought it well worthwhile to distribute this message as far as possible. Evidently PANDORA thought the voting deadline was Sept. 9th, not Sept. 1st.

Let's spread the word to anyone we know that would be interested in casting a vote on the American Express site. It's easy!

Thanks to all who are checking this out and voting!

5. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Thanks, Zombie. I voted too.

6. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

I am baffled as to why alot more on this board aren't voting.

I was wondering if changing the title to something like:

Vote to fund CFS research - it only takes a minute

might bring in more readers.

Just a thought...

7. Spinetti

Spinetti New Member

If I can figure out how to do it with my befogged brain, it can't be too difficult.

Best wishes and thanks for voting!
  8. mezombie

mezombie Member

Good idea, SpecialK82. I changed the title.

Thanks for voting, Khalyal.

Spinetti, I don't quite understand the apathy toward posts like this, either. It really is easy to vote.

So many people on this board desperately need doctors who will understand and treat them. This medical center would help everyone.

Every vote helps build awareness of our problems with the general public. That alone makes it worthwhile to do.

Thanks for your suppport.

9. lisadot

lisadot New Member

BUT it took me many repeat efforts to make it work. I would have given up if it hadn't been such a worthwhile project. Seriously, I'm not stupid but it took 6 times to get them to accept the password etc, and I was doing it correctly. I even counted on my fingers to think did I exceed the 6-8 character password and not include one number etc??? In the end, I hope it works and the funding secured. Thank you AMEX.
  10. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Thanks for posting this - I just voted too. It's up to 124 now. You do have to sign up as a guest to vote, but it was no biggie.

11. phoenixrising2

phoenixrising2 New Member

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I was #128. Back to the top for more to notice and vote!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/01/2008]
  12. mezombie

mezombie Member

Lisadot, I'm sorry it was a hassle for you to cast your vote. I'm glad you persevered.

Mbovov, I think I signed up as a guest as well. Thanks for voting.

Phoenixrising! Nice to see you again! Thanks for the vote and the bump.

m0joey, I posted this as soon as I received PANDORA's newsletter. I'm not associated with the organization at all. It looks like the folks at PANDORA thought the deadline was September 9, not September 1.

There's still time to vote!

The more votes, the more attention this project will get.

I figure this is the type of thing we can do fairly easily to educate people about what we're going through.

Thanks to everybody who read, responded, bumped, and voted!