Last week FDA approved new Fibromyalgia treatment...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CatsKimber, Oct 8, 2005.

1. CatsKimber

CatsKimber New Member

ask your doctor about Rozerem(tm) (ramelteon). my doc only had a few samples for me and my drugstore had to put the drug on order for me, but... day two i woke up pain-free for the first time in a long long time - 12 years to be exact. so i have high hopes and can't wait to get my prescription filled. i will keep in touch about my progress.

God bless!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/08/2005]
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

What exactly is this med? Sounds wonderful and I'm so glad you are feeling well. (-:

Sue
  3. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

I have been reading about this new medication for several months now. It is the first medication that actually targets the specific part of your brain that regulates circadian rhythm. I believe this is out of whack in most of us here. Why, is another question. But, I'm thrilled to hear that there is relief for it.

Please keep us posted on how it's working for you. This has been high on my "must-try" list since I read about it. I'll need lots of free samples....am sure it's big bucks.

Thank you for posting.
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

not like that about the Ambien and was so glad when the Trazedone worked well for me for sleep. I know this is
    a different drug so I surely hope it works well for anyone who tries it. My sleep is great and my FM hasn't improved since my sleep did though. I wish it had for sure. I'll sure keep my eye on this though and maybe in a couple of years I'll give it a shot. It seems to take that long for any problems to appear..not to scare anyone, I'm sure this one will be fine! I'm just the worlds biggest chicken, so always cautious about anything new. I hope it is the answer to your symptoms and that you continue to do well on it!! Hugs, Bambi
  5. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

was the first sleep med I used and for 3 years it helped me.

but I gradually had to increase the dosage.

several months ago my dr prescribed Lunesta. Lunesta seemed to keep me asleep longer (but it took longer to kick in.)

The longer uninterupted sleep seemed to give me more energy the following day.

The only real trouble I had with lunesta is that it lingered for several hours in the morning and I would want to lay back down if I stayed in the house.

I then found that Flexril worked for both my lower back pain and would make me drowsey. I am not sure the flexril will work in the really serious insomnia times but for now it is doing wonders for me. I seem to get a deeper sleep and wake up even more refreshed then both Ambien and Lunesta.

I can't wait to hear how this works for you after 3 months and even 6 months.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  6. jujubee

jujubee New Member

I saw a post from 8 Oct..and checked out the drug Rozerem at http://arthritis.about.com

My doctor prescribed "Requip" which is new for Restless Leg Syndrome and it has been a real blessing for pain in my legs. I have FM, and it affects my legs and feet mostly. Check this out too as it helps you get a full night's rest.
  7. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I've been on this for 3 weeks. I;m first patient for my sleep doc & first pateitnt for my drug store.

It's doing better than Ambien or Lunesta.

I still have major problems trying to sleep whenever I have elevated pain levels or sensory overload. 2 nights ago it was raining at night & even with the pill, my headphones & the heating pad I was tormented with the sound, hence no sleep. (Same problems as with the other meds).

I do find that I'm maybe 10% more coherent in my head with Rozerem than the others. And at this point even that small amount helps me get through more life!

I'm renewing the presscription tomorrow for next month as I'm on month to month until we go to 3 months, then the doc will up it to 3 month prescription w/ 3 refills.