late night eating

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acuario, Jul 17, 2008.

1. acuario

acuario New Member

Hi, everybody. am gaining fat in my belly, and I was wondering if the reason is for eating a lot at night, because I have insomnia,and can't sleep so I keep eating.
    am skinny but am gaining fat in my belly.

thank for your coments
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Are you on any meds?

Meds like Elavil and Lyrica can cause carb cravings and increase in appetite.

Are you eating regularly during the day?

If you are not lactose intolerant a warm milky drink can help with this.

Love Bunchy x
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

gives me the munchies if I do not take it right before I go to sleep.

I know two other people who have had the same thing happen.

However last I saw this was not a side effect. Maybe I need to look up the side effects again.

It does wonders as far as falling asleep quickly.

I did not have this problem before the Trazodone.

Take care.
    GA
  4. acuario

acuario New Member

am just taking Lexapro, but only 5 mgs. my appetite is not really good, maybe I should try to eat more healthy food

thanks all for your postings
  5. Honora88

Honora88 Member

I also have low testosterone.
    There could be a link
  6. slevah

slevah New Member

It could be your cortisol levels are out of whack. Belly fat, as you are describing, can be caused by high cortisol.

The fact that you can't sleep (and eating at when you wake up), are gaining in the belly all are indicative -- your cortisol levels could be high at night when they should be low. Do you have a problem waking up in the AM? Most allopathic doctors only check blood AM cortisol levels which only tells you what the level is at THAT time of the day. I have done the saliva testing. Just another thought as to what it could be.

My cortisol was low in the AM, normal at Noon and Mid-afternoon, and then sky high at night. I would wake up at 3AM and not be able to go back to sleep and then, like you, eat!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/21/2008]