Latest Kaylie update.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellyann, Nov 19, 2007.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi all,
    Kaylie is doing fine, growing like a little weed. One of my daughters' is helping me take care of her and my daughter Paige, who will be four soon.
    I have not been able to set up visitation between Kaylie and her parents. For the first two weeks after court I had no idea where they where, and they did not call me. Then, I found out that they had been staying with a elderly man who David had met while in jail. Well the DFACS worker went to that man's apartment to do a home evaluation, and both David and Cynthia took off running on foot. So obviously the workers were unable to do a home evaluation with them. The only reason I can think of for such behaviour is that they had to have had drugs on them and did not want to go back to jail. This does not sound like they are trying to get their lives straightened up in order to take care of their child to me. I can just imagine what those DFACS workers were thinking. But anyway, I have talked to the casewoker and she said she would explain to the Judge why I have not been able to arrange for visitation. I know that David and Cynthia are living-camping out in the woods behind my house. This makes me feel very uneasy. Who knows what they are capable of if they where to get high and go crazy. It makes me nervous as heck. I am going to have to have them ran off by the police. I own 14 acres and there are several large 20 acre wooded lots behind me, so it's not hard to set up camp. But that in itself is so pitiful. If I gave them money they would just buy drugs. I don't know what to do. This is a horrible situation to be in.

As for my health, thank you Victoria for asking, I am really tring to fight this Lyme bugs as best I can. I am taking 2 teaspoons Mepron, and have worked up to two doxcycline tablets per day. The doxy makes me so sick. I am flaring pretty good. So I know it is working. It feels like I have a real battle going on inside my body. I haven't been able to get out of bed muh for the past week. I need to take a shower badly, don't know if I can stand that long. I did buy a shower chair, I think I'll have to use it. The inflamation is bad, my hands are on fire, you can feel the heat coming off of them. My shoulders, hips and knees are also on fire. I just took an arthro max to see if it helps any.

Thank you all for being there for me and I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

2. victoria

victoria New Member

Hope that what the DFCS people observed etc., will all help in the end! I don't see how it cannot, truly. I'd be scared too if you know they are camping out in back somewhere, not knowing what was going to happen. I am so sorry you are having to go thru all of this on top of treating Lyme/etc, it is so hard as it is.

The Mepron + abx is hard, my son's been pulsing it for a while now, also taking artemisinin and flagyl. It has been extremely difficult, babesia is as bad as Lyme truly!!!

Does your doctor let you pulse the meds btw? Sorry I forgot if s/he does or not. Being able to do that can really help. Wonder if you could get an IV of glutathione occasionally also (especially if between pulses), that can help you detox and get rid of the overload as well.

He also found sitting in a steam room helps him to detox, as well as taking chitosan. just some possibilities that may help you.

Wish I could be of more help. Take care, it looks like DFCS can't help but be on your side completely within time. I hope the stress is over soon , and you can concentrate a bit more on yourself.

All the best,

3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Thank you for the Kaylie update. I'm glad that you have help taking care of her and your young daughter!!

You sure do have your hands full. I have lyme too and I know how difficult treatment can be. When times get tough I remember that there will be better days to come!

Your son and DIL sound like they are still very messed up. And camping behind your house is pretty creepy. Good luck with all of this.

We will keep you in our prayers.

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

as Dar says, good thing you have some help.

I can't understand why people take "recreational" drugs.

There is no secret about what they do to people.

5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Thanks so much for the much needed support. You don't know how much it means to me! I know this gets old. Well our next court date is for this Tuesday, and I pray to God that something is resolved. I dearly hope to get custody of Kaylie or at least guardianship of her then. The only hold up that I can see is that my son never legitamatized Kaylie, he was not married to the birth mother when she gave birth to Kaylie and has never had DNA testing done. I had a long meeting with Kaylie's guarian ad liem yesterday, and told her that I'd be willing to take any test they wanted to prove I am her Grandmother if needed. I hope and pray the Judge rules in my favor. Please pray for us!

I'm not pulsing my antibiotics, but trying to build up my tolerance to them slowly. The Mepron doesn't bother me as bad as the Doxy does. The Doxy makes me extremely sick to my stomach if I'm not careful and eat something before taking it. I don't have much of an appietite as it is. I would love to get on IV antibiotics if I could afford it, my insurance will not pay for it. I have sorry insurance. I pay out of pocket to go to the FFC to be treated for lyme. My regular doc on my insurance does not believe in chronic lyme dease. So he will not treat me for it. So I also have to pay out of pocket for all precriptions written by my doc at the FFC. Wonderful, huh?

Well, Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Everyone!
    Your Friend!
  6. Doober

Doober New Member

Like I said before, you are an incredible person for fighting so hard for your granddaughter. One thing that bothers me is young children getting dragged through and paraded around the terrible things that parents do, and it makes me glad that someone is looking out in the best interest of a child.

Kaylie is a lucky girl to have you fighting for her and I know that you love this child from the ways you have written in all the posts on this.

I wish you luck on Tuesday at court and hope everything works out in your favor.

If there is any cramp or pain in any part of the body that would be totally worth it, it would be the 2 fingers on my hands from keeping them crossed all day long in hopes that you succeed in your cause.