Latest news on the Titanic

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, May 7, 2008.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

More serendipity. I was reading about working conditions in the l9th century and came across a benevolent employer named Jeremiah Colman, the founder of Colman's mustard.

Two of his grandsons expanded into other products including mayonnaise. A large shipment of which was included on the Titanic's fateful voyage. The major part of the shipment was destined for Veracruz once the ship left New York.

People in Mexico were considerably excited about this new delicacy. When they learned of the ship's disaster, they were so disappointed that a national day of loss was declared:

Sinko de Mayo.

Well, I meant to post this a couple days ago, but you know how it is w/ a foggy brain. Heard this joke before? I post it every year.

2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I just came on here to catsup with new posts, but I didn't relish this one. I mustard that somewhere here in New Mexico.

Feliz (late) Cinco de Mayo, mi amigo!

3. rockgor

Thanks for the condiments. I mean, compliments.

4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Very clever both of you. Annie
  5. rockgor

Haha! Tres fu-nae, you saucy wench.

Do you still paint figurines? My mother did that when I was a kid. Here's a story that could only happen in a village. One Christmas she took two Santas to the local furniture store. They put them on a mantle in the store window.

Two days later my grandmother brought home her latest purchase. You guessed it. She bought the Santas.

6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

loved the joke, was believing it too and loved the story about your Gran -

7. sisland

sisland New Member

You Silly Man!,,,,,,Lololol,,,,,Good one!,,,,Sis
  8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

You guys are so clever!!!! This post made me laugh!

9. rockgor

I'm amazed you could find an old post. I can never find anything when I search.

And you did it w/ a library computer, right?

10. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Think I'll use the condiments for a tuna salad. Remember, you can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish! (Ba dump bum!) Eye roll everybody... ;-)
  11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hey, there really is a new mayo out now that's bacon-flavored. That would be good for the vegans in the crowd when they want a BLT.

Hey, Rock!

12. rockgor

Good to see our ramblin' rose of the wildwood.

I remember a couple years ago I was growing tomatoes in buckets. Told my
    secretary I was going home and fix a BLT. She said, "People still eat that

I think she was a semi-vegan. Actually she might like the new mayo, providing
    it is sufficient degrees from real bacon.