Latest Painting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by larryh, Nov 20, 2006.

1. larryh

larryh New Member

I posted my latest painting on my profile. A pond with some lilly pads. Hope you enjoy it.

2. larryh

larryh New Member

I really don't know what style my paintings are. I never even thought about it before. So far it is just a hobby that I took up a couple of months ago. I hadn't painted since I was in high school and that is a long time ago. It would be nice if people wanted to buy my paintings, but I really don't see that happening. I think my photos are better than my paintings. I have both on my web site at IF you want to print off any thing there feel free, but they are not high resolution.
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

You are very talented. Thanks for sharing with us.

4. mindbender

mindbender New Member

5. larryh

larryh New Member

Seeing your work that is a big compliment. Thanks. I really like your work. Your bio says you are trying carving now. Are you going to share some of that one of these days?
  6. mindbender

mindbender New Member

and thank you in response. One thing I cannot do well is water color, because it is like working in reverse, so anyone who does it should be happy.

Yes, I plan on getting some photo's of them, but right now all I have to do is scan my drawings. I don't have a camera right now, but I've done a couple carvings already. Starting very basically to getting better.

It's kind of like drawing with a Dremel, and knife.

7. larryh

larryh New Member

Well, I am afraid that if I tried carving I might end up carving myself. Paint brushes are a lot safer than knives. I actually have acrylic paints here somewhere, but I guess I like the challenge of the water colors. It takes more thinking to figure out what to add first like you say. That gives me a good excuse for the times I sit here with a blank look on my face doing nothing.