Latest Update On My 5th Peptide Injection

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thought I'd start a new thread because I am noticing a lot of improvement since getting this one. As y'all know, who have followed my progress, the last two shots didn't seem to change anything; I still had a lot of exhaustion. Since this one, my energy has picked up significantly. For days now, I've been out eating and shopping. I've also been doing a lot of cleaning in my condo.

FMS pain is gone; arthritis pain and swelling have been gone since day one. My Sjogren's Syndrome symptoms seem to be gone and my eyes are moist and no dry mouth. In fact, I put a contact lens in today to test whether I can go back to wearing them. In the past, I have had mild flares of SS but they only lasted about a day.

Next test is to go out and lie in the sun to see whether it makes me sick. If not, I'll try to work out just a bit to see if I can tolerate exercise. I believe that eventually, I'll be able to do both things. I'll let y'all know when I try.

One other thing is that I no longer am having to take allergy pills to tolerate the tree pollen down here. I've stopped taking my Synthroid as the injections are supposed to address the hypothyroidism. In fact, this wide-spectrum peptide serum is supposed to correct all immune and auto-immune conditions which have affected me.

I'm almost half-way through the treatment. I actually feel well. I don't know if there will be any more improvement but if not, this is pretty good for an old lady :) The rest of the shots will simply be to ensure my own system learns to produce the correct peptide sequences. It takes time, especially for someone older who has been sick a long time. So far, this has been a God send and feels miraculous to me. My doc is as happy for me as I am for myself. He's a good guy!

Love, Mikie
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Thank you so much for posting. I'm almost speechless at your progress. I can't say how happy I am for you! It almost seems unreal, it must seem so for you I would think, after being sick for so long.

I'm scheduled to see Dr. Gruenn this coming Tuesday -so far so good, I'm not sick, and am doing next to nothing so I don't crash beforehand, so I should be able to make this appt, and will post how it goes.

Best wishes,

3. deepak

deepak Member

Dear Mikie,

So happy reading this. I have tears of joy :). Even though we all here dont know each other much, we sure can empathise what the other is going through !
    Prayers for continued well being.

Mary, Good luck for yours ! :) - Wishing you the same success as Mikie has had.

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Mary, I pray for the best results for you. You are wise to take it easy so you are rested beforehaned. I think that's one reason my first two shots did so well. I don't know why shots 3 and 4 didn't make any noticable difference but, perhaps, they were working behind the scenes. The doc did warn me that not every shot would change how I was feeling. So, do everything you can to stay rested and stress free, believe the shots will work for you, and don't get discouraged if one or two of them don't seem to work. Best of luck.

Deepak, thank you so very much for your kind good wishes. I pray that you will find a way to heal. Are you considering traveling to get the shots? There are other things which can help us heal but I've never heard of anything which works so well consistently for so many people with no side effects. This is why I am journaling my progress here. I just wish these shots were available to every one of us.

So many times, we think anything which produces such good results is a fluke or snake oil. I was skeptical as well when I first learned of this treatment. I'm so glad I took the leap of faith and started the shots. Now, all I have to do is wait to see whether my old bod can learn new tricks. We know I have plenty of receptors and we know I've had great results when the correct peptide sequences are injected. The only questions which remains is whether my body can adapt when the shots end. Next thing for me to pray for. I've had a lot of spiritual guidance over the years which has helped me find treatments to heal. This was no exception. In fact, the amount of spiritual help has been as astounding as the shots themselves. If we pray, meditate and keep our eyes open for signs, I think we can get a lot of help in our lives. Seeing isn't believing; believing is seeing.

Again, thanks for your support.

Love, Mikie
  5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

So happy to hear this. I pray for your continued healing and more of that wonderful energy!

Love, Erika
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you both so much for your kind good wishes. I really appreciate your support.

For two days, I've worn one contact lens for the entire day with no dry eye. i may be able to go back to wearing them. Woohoo!

Love, Mikie
  7. halfacre2

halfacre2 New Member

So happy for you Mikie and very excited for you Mary on your new adventure. I had my 3rd peptide injection today and the next one will be in 4 weeks because I too am doing good. I just started having some achyness a few days ago before this shot today but the doc says that is typical for RA but nothing that a couple of IBprofen couldn't handle. I am very pleased with my results and very grateful for these shots. I have had some stomach issues with gas and bloating but doc thinks I need to go gluten free so I will give it a try. I will kept you posted on my continued results.

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so excited for you. I answered you on your update thread. Continued good success.

Love, Mikie
  9. clementyne

clementyne New Member

Great to read how well you are doing - I am so happy for you! I don't think people who haven't had to deal with the pain we have had can understand how wonderful it is to be able to do something as mundane as cleaning!

I am believing that you will continue to feel better each day! This DD has stolen enough!;D

I'm interested in your improvement of SS - I haven't yet been dx'd with it but have all the symptoms.

Doing the dance of joy for you!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/02/2012]
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are soooo sweet. I am picturing the dance of joy. I call it doing my happy dance. In our family, we also have an icky dance when something grosses us out. But, I digress...

SS takes, on average, 6 1/2 years to diagnose. My symptoms were severe and yet, my ANA was negative; however, my CRP showed a LOT of inflammation. At some point, one simply has to get a diagnosis based on symptoms, as long as other conditions have been ruled out. By the time I got my ANA and CRP done, I had had symptoms for two years. It was fatigue which knocked me out. It was worse than the fatigue with my CFIDS/ME and FMS combined. My eyes were too dry to continue wearing contacts. My mouth felt like it had been hit with a blowtorch and eating was very painful. I constantly had sores in my mouth.

I guess what I'm saying is that one needs to take action and not just wait for the diagnosis. As far as my doc goes, he doesn't much care because the wide-spectrum serum he injects for me covers most immune and autoimmune conditions. That my SS symptoms are just about gone, says to me that I had it and the injections have healed it. The first night of the first injection, my eyes watered and I drooled like a dog over a pork chop. I've had a couple of mild flares which lasted only about a day.

My arthritis in my hands is gone and the doc says it won't come back. The pain and swelling went away the same first night. FMS pain improved greatly but, again, I had a couple of mild flares. The exhaustion took much longer. I had had a few good days but nothing like I feel now. I believe this exhaustion was in conjunction with the SS and it just took longer to address.

Today, I lay in the sun for about 40 mins., 20 on each side. I am doing nothing else all day so that if I get sick, I'll know I'm not ready to be able to tolerate sun yet. I'll bet I can. I've been doing a lot of cleaning but I will try later to do some actual exercises to see how well I tolerate that.

I've lost my craving for carbs and am craving much healthier food. I am about half way through the treatment now and think that most of the improvement has occured. There may be more but I'm thrilled with where I am now.

I hope you can get help for your SS. A good eye doc with an osmolarity machine can tell if you have dry eyes caused by decreased oil production in the oil glands in your eyelids. The old shimmer strips only tell you that you have dry eye. This brand new machine can tell you if it's caused by the oil glands. It was my eye doc who found the "smoking gun" which pointed to SS. At the time, I had a PCP who pooh-poohed my concerns. Turns out I was right. The dry eyes of that type; my dry, sore mouth; the extreme fatigue; and the elevated CRP was good enough for a tentative diagnosis.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  11. victoria

victoria New Member

That's absolutely wonderful this is working for you, and in so many ways, too! I'm really happy to hear about your progress, and Vicki's too.

(I'm up in Atlanta for a bit, spring has sprung and it's gorgeous here. TG I do not react to the pollen tho!)

Take care! I've been out of touch... but want to come back soon... after I get back home in another week or 2...

all the best,
  12. Paulene

Paulene New Member

Hi Mikie!
    I am very interested in learning about the positive results you are getting from peptide injections. Is it possible to send me the information on where to find the medication? Thanks, Paulene
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good to hear from you. I know how beautiful GA is in the spring. It's waaaaay too hot here for this time of year and there's no rain. AACK!

I tried to sit in the sun yesterday for about 40 mins. Last night, I had some SS symptoms and asthma so I'll have to wait and try again later on. Exposure to sun increases auto-antibodies in us.

Look forward to seeing you here more. Take care and be safe.

Love, Mikie
  14. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Thank you! You are always so honest and informative which we all appreciate more than you can know. I, along with everyone else, am so thrilled with your positive results. It is wonderful beyond words! :) Truly happy for you!!

I hope the others doing the peptide injections will have good results. I will continue to follow your posts as well and learn. I do appreciate those of you that share your experience very much.

Blessings for all.
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

So good to hear from you.

My little foray into the sunshine set me back a bit. My SS symptoms returned, not severely but enough to know that going out in the sun still increases auto-antibodies in my system. I'll try again later on. It's still early in the game. Even so, the progress has been amazing. I think we probably all will have different reactions but, according to the doc, despite setbacks, we all arrive at the station in the end. So far, I am pleased beyond any expectations.

I just called my eye doc and told them to add a contact exam to my reg. eye exam. To be able to wear contacts again is wonderful even if I do love my new glasses.

Some improvements are so subtle that I don't even realize they are taking place. I'm off my Synthroid and HRT for a month and then I'll get bloodwork done. I've not noticed any problems since I've been off these hormones, including the Synthroid. We think the injections may have healed the hypothyroidism. Now, adding Synthroid is causing some tachycardia. Heart beat is still a bit high but is coming down so I do think it's the Synthroid.

I'll try to keep updating. Thanks again for your sweet response.

Love, Mikkie
  16. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Mikie.

I'm following your posts, too, and am very happy to hear how things are improving for you on the peptide treatment!

Best regards,

17. deepak

deepak Member

Do these injections come with any caveats re side effects or are they considered totally safe ?

I spoke to Dr Dakos and he said for the first consultation I would have to visit him in USA but subsequent ones could be shipped to India.

When you visit for your monthly shots , is some new testing done every time or you just take the shot and thats it ?

With love :)

18. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Awww. You are the sweet one dear Mikie! :) Always such a kind & generous heart. That is another reason why we all care so much about you. You are like a ray of sunshine. ;) I have notice over time very few online (overall not just here) seem to have your fair mind. Just stay true to yourself always as we enjoy you so very much.

So interesting about the sun exposure giving you increase in symptoms. It is very soon to have this reaction eliminated from your treatment I feel. It is one of my worst symptoms keeping me housebound mostly. I don't have positive autoimmune test results. However I consistently do have immune system deficiency test results. I suppose the vit D from the sun charges my immune system. Presently I can't stand more than a 30 min. venture out in sun in the Pacific NW climate. Probably would be slain instantly in your much hotter climate. Anyway, give yourself more time. I believe more than likely as your body heals some more you will have less reactions. You no doubt think along those lines as well.

Lost my train of thought ... hubby drove in with the groceries. Talk to ya later.

All my best,
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sorry, but my computer has been down for almost a week. Comcast upgraded their service and I had to buy a new modem. Evidently, when they upgraded again, the router wasn't compatible. No one bothered to tell their customer service reps to suggest upgrading routers. I went through hell until I finally fgured out that I had to get a new router. The techie at Comp USA knew exactly what I was talking about and I'm back up and running on my new router. Yea!

Paulene, you can't get the serum. You have to first find a doc who is doing this protocol and make an appt. If you don't live where the doc practices, you may be able to arrange to have the serum sent to your own doc to inject after the first visit.

Rich, thank you so very kindly for your good wishes. I kinda thought you might find this treatment interesting. You've been soooo helpful to us all for so long. I really appreciate your generosity.

Deepak, I'm so glad you found Dr. Dakos. He's a sweetheart. There are no negative side effects and there are no lab tests required in connection with the shots. I am due for my yearly bloodwork so will have it done same day as my next injection.

Dee, you touched me with you sweet and kind heart. Thank you so very much. Yes, I was thinking that I'd wait for two more injections before going out in the sun again. It's not like there won't be any more sun down here by then. It may be too hot to venture out but I can try in the morning. The flare of symptoms was not as bad as a normal flare but I definitely knew that the exposure to the sun had brought the flare on. I never got a pos. ANA either but my CRP was very high. One can have auto-immune illnesses for years before getting a pos. ANA. The test isn't the defining element in a diagnosis. After everything else has been eliminated, you can pretty much diagnose, at least tentatively, by the symptoms.

My hugs, love and prayers go out to everyone. You are all my sisters and brothers and the only other people who understand what we go through.

Love, Mikie