Laughter Is a Good Medicine

Discussion in 'Positive Thinking and Inspirational Quotes' started by hangininthere, Apr 22, 2015.

1. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

True story about me.

When I was early elementary school age, the Baptist church on the corner rounded us neighborhood kids up for Vacation Bible School one summer.

I proudly told my Grandma "I'm going to the West Hill Bathless Church!"

Anecdote from the Reader's Digest:

My 50-something friend Nancy and I decided to introduce her mother to the magic of the Internet.

Our first move was to access the popular "Ask Jeeves" site, and we told her it could answer any question she had.

Nancy's mother was very skeptical until Nancy said, "It's true, Mom. Think of something to ask it."

As I sat with fingers poised over the keyboard, Nancy's mother thought a minute, then responded, "How is Aunt Helen feeling?"

--Catherine Burns

"At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities."

- Jean Houston
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    Alexis20, Willow77 and UVAMOMB like this.
  2. peterprk

peterprk Member

Laughter is good for health.
    eduhealth likes this.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Patti

Pretty funny story about the Bathless Church. Especially since they practice Baptism
    by full immersion.

Nancy's mother is a classic case of someone who didn't have the full concept explained
    to her. I just read a book about "The Wimpy Kid" by Jeff Kinney. Our young hero
    was trying to do the same thing with a Magic 8 Ball.

Hi Peter, Welcome to the Board.

Rock
  4. Alyssa21

Alyssa21 Member

Laughter is good for health.
    So keep laughing..
  5. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

6. wyzandrea

wyzandrea Member

Do you like laughing?
  7. hangininthere