Laughter is the best medicine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 28years, Oct 12, 2008.

1. 28years

28years New Member

I stumbled upon a fun and interesting website. It has stories and essays that are read out loud by an aspiring voice actor. It’s called the Grafton Voice. It is found at

One story: The Mysterious Cheese Ship of the Atlantic, is so funny I laughed out loud when I listen to it. It’s a silly kind of funny. I figure we can all use some laughter in our lives.

There are more serious essays and stories on the website. There is even one essay, Joyous Living that is written by someone who has CFIDS.

It’s free and easy to use. It also looks like they are trying to get writers to submit their works to be read on the site.

I know this is not a strictly medical issue, but on the other hand they say laughter actually stimulates the immune system. So in some sense, it is a medical issue.

Anyway I just thought I’d pass it along. It’s not often something makes me laugh out loud.
  2. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

That looks like a fun website! I saw the section titled "Featured Cheese" and assumed it would be about tacky humor and then cracked up when I read that it was actually "playful stories about cheese". What makes cheese playful anyway? Very silly. :)

You might share this website with the chit chat board too. I bet the folks there would really enjoy it. Thanks for sharing! We all need to laugh more.

3. Juloo

Juloo Member

Thank you for the web site suggestion. It looks really intriguing. I notice that they also are looking for essays as well!

If you like laughter, my family had a great time this evening watching comedian John Pinette's show entitled "I Say Nay Nay" that we got from Netflix. We laughed like crazy, and it was all pretty clean (we have a 12-year-old). My husband had seen about half of one of his shows on television, so we ordered this one first and will probably get the newer one as well when we turn this in.