Laundry soap and bleaches????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greeneyes2, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Greeneyes2

Greeneyes2 New Member

Hi everyone,

I am wondering what kind of laundry soap and bleaches, etc. you use.

I used Tide for years and had no problems, then about six months ago started itching like crazy, changed to Dreft, itching went away.

Now it is back and worse than ever, I'm even getting small red itching bumps this time.

I know I need to change but was wondering what anyone else has used.

I have used Clorox 2 for a long time with no problems, but maybe this is the problem? Any insight is appreciated.

Gentle hugs,
    Denise
  2. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I use Arm and Hammer for Sensitive skin,no dyes or purfumes.
    I also use 20 Muleteem Borax in my laundry and that doesn't bother me.I have MCS and have to be very careful of what I use. Maybe you can try these products.
    Hugs Shirley
  3. livin4him

livin4him New Member

I'm just curious. How do you know that it is soap related? If it is, do you use fabric softener? I knew someone who had to use the kind with nothing in it or else she didn't use any at all.

I would do a search on the type of bumps that you have? For instance, are they in a circle, straight line, where they are on your body, etc.

Keep us posted. Hope it gets better.
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

ALL liquid Free & Clear

and can not use dryer sheets at all
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I used to use Tide or Cheer until the cost went up on them. I just got tired of paying so much when I had so much laundry to do when all the kids were home.

The guys dressed in layers in the winter to farm and always came in with mud and cow s*** all over them, and sometimes had to change 2 or 3 times a day. I would end up washing 20 loads of clothes a week--their farm clothes, coveralls, and jackets had to be washed separately.

So I changed to Purex. I also use the generic Oxyclean. But one thing I won't compromise is my fabric softener--I always use Downey. I use the liquid in some loads and the dryer sheets on others.

I very seldom use the real Clorex bleach--when I know I won't be able to get some of the stains out, I use the Purex Non-Clorine Bleach Powder.

Of course, I always have a bottle of the Spray n' Wash, or Shout, or some type of the spray pre-treater.

I also carry with me now (in my purse) when I go out, one of those new Tide "Wash & Go" pens. Every time I eat out, I end up dripping something on my blouse! My hands and arms are so shaky that I most also end up with a spot on my clothes--and I just hate that!!!! LOL But that new little Tide Wash & Go pen, which is the size of a magic marker, is excellent!! It takes the stain away instantly and no more embarsassment in the restaurant and it makes your laundry easier, too, with no set in stains!!

Janet
  6. Greeneyes2

Greeneyes2 New Member

I will try your suggestions.

The ones about fragrance and color free sound like they could be on the money, as I have problems with colored toliet paper and any that are have a fragrance.

I don't use fabric softner of any kind, we have a water softner that does a really good job and since we put that in I haven't needed fabric softnre.

The reason I think it is my laundry soap is because the itching is all over and worse where clothes are tighter (like waistbands,etc.).

Thanks for the input.

Gentle hugs,
    Denise
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

fROM natural store. It costs less in the long run, gets the clothes very clean and uses a lot less. I use the dish soap also. We all breathe better.

A friend into oils uses oil of thieves for laundry and swears by it. One teaspoon per load.

Love Anne C
  8. Greeneyes2

Greeneyes2 New Member

I will see if I can find any thing like the ecover. I live in a very rural part of the midwest so I'm not going to hold my breath.

I will check out the local health food store and see what they have to offer.

I am planning on getting something new this week and seeing what I can find.

Thanks again,
    Gentle hugs,
    Denise
  9. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

I'm very allergic to all detergents and very sensitive to smells. So, everything gets double rinsed. If it's a larger than average load, I may rinse again.

I learned from a guy who cleans pools for a living that chlorine is a form of detergent. So, I use powdered Biz and get great results without the chlorine smell (ick). I also never use fabric softeners.

I was doing great until my powdered, unscented detergent was taken off the market. I have a front loader type washer and it's hard to find non-foaming detergent. I'm currently using unscented Tide for my type machine, but I'm developing rashes. So...I'm having difficulties. Any suggestions for low sudzing, unscented soap?????
    [This Message was Edited on 03/21/2006]