LAW FIRMS WHO DO DISABILITY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Apr 29, 2007.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

This will help many find Law Firms in their area to help with SSD.The sight is by ADA.I have given the link.

Sue

Disability Lawyers Directory
    To register for inclusion in the directory, or to update your entry, please complete our online form.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ BEFORE USING THE DIRECTORY
    Neither the American Bar Association nor the Commission on Mental and Physical Disability Law endorses any of the lawyers or legal service providers found in this directory. The directory is intended only as a research tool. Please note that individuals and organizations included in this directory vary widely and users should question listed attorneys about important issues before agreeing to be represented or assisted. Typical questions include: What fees or expenses will be charged? Are there any eligibility requirements? How long should it take to resolve the problem? Who are typical clients? What are past experiences with a particular kind of case?

Among organizations listed are the government supported protection and advocacy systems, which use the following abbreviations to designate the scope of their disability law programs. Client Assistance Program (CAP); Protection and Advocacy for Individuals with Mental Illness (PAIMI); and Protection and Advocacy for Individual Rights (PAIR); Protection and Advocacy for Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury (PATBI); Protection and Advocacy for Assistive Technology (PAAT); Protection and Advocacy for Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PADD); and Protection & Advocacy for Beneficiaries of Social Security (PABSS)

http://www.abanet.org/disability/disabilitydirectory/home.shtml

NOTE: This directory is a work in progress. Some information may be no longer valid. We apologize for the inconvenience. For assistance, please email cmpdl@abanet.org or call (202) 662-1570.

Search Our Disability Lawyers Directory

Search ABA Lawyer Locator for all types of Attorneys

Search ABA Legal Services for local Attorney Referral Programs

[This Message was Edited on 04/29/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/29/2007]
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

This is a great post. I almost missed it. I may need to find an atty since I am so fogged up with this disability and retirement stuff.

jmq
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I wish I had seen it when I needed a firm.

Glad I spotted it to pass it along .I am sure it will help some find firms in their area.

Good luck to you.

Sue