Lawyer OR SS Representative.. Which Is Best?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Apr 28, 2006.

  1. BlueSky555

    BlueSky555 New Member

    I didn't know if I should obtain an attorney or advocate (eg. someone who worked for SS but retired now and assists others) (sorry, think I meant Representative) for SSD case. As we all do, I would like to have the best but wasn't sure that if I hired an advocate, I would still need an attorney for hearing.

    Can anyone help please?

    Thank you,

    [This Message was Edited on 04/28/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/28/2006]
  2. sloepoke

    sloepoke New Member

    I have a SS Representative handling my appeal before administrative law judge. She knows the system well and knows the contacts in the Social Security Office. They are paid like an attorney so I guess you should go with whomever makes you feel more comfortable. For me that is my SS Representative.

    Good Luck

  3. findmind

    findmind New Member

    I think reps are good if its a pretty sure thing you have so much documentation and physician backup.

    However, some cases have gone to Circuit Courts...

    And you must have an Attorney there.


[ advertisement ]