laying down 4 hours and much worse on arising?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skikat, Mar 24, 2007.

1. skikat

skikat New Member

i have a verystrange thing that happens to me EVERY TIME... my family goes on and on about me sleeping in my fat recliner, but every time that i lay down for a nap in my bed , i cannot even walk nor dress myself (pj's) when i awake after 3 to 4 hours of sleep. i have a great bed and also a sleep number bed that i had moved to the guest room. so it is not the bed.i even try to sleep in bed fro 7 t0 11 in the morning , but still wake up hollering and moaning with the pain. takes my husband over and hour and a hals to even get me on my feet. i may be off base with this but i think that when i go to sleep (maybe a more resful sleep) that my body relaxes enough to let off toxins into my muscles. i just have worn myself out trying to figure this out for over 2 years. my recliner does not produce the same results but they wake me more often when i am in it. one thing- it is big and a soft leather. it does not touch the hip bones nor sides of my legs nor other triggers when i am in it. however, if i sleep in it 6 hours, i get some of the same results. has anyone else experienced this? please, please, help.......ski
  2. Jackie65

Jackie65 New Member

I experience the exact same thing. I broke down and bought a recliner a couple months ago because I was in excruciating pain from sleeping in a bed. My hips were the worst and when I woke up I was numb all over and could barely walk. Now that I sleep in the chair the hip pain is gone. I think it is because there is no pressure on the bones. A few nights a go I tried the bed again just because I missed cuddling up with my pillow and stretching out...big mistake...the pain was right back just as bad. So, it is the recliner for me from now on.
    Jackie
  3. jmq

jmq New Member

Yes, I was just talking to my hubby about that. I was telling him how sleepy I was at 5 pm even though I slept on and off ALL DAY. I told him that I do not want to go to sleep because it hurts sooo much when I wake up! He gave me a strange look...He says I should sleep every time I can? I never tried the recliner. I will give it a try tomorrow. I also sometimes fall into a sleep that I can not snap out of. My daughter is only 11 and will come in the room needing something...I do not even remember talking to her or when I do, I can not get up. She asked me today if I was going to be like this forever. I promised her that I was going to do everything in my power NOT to be like this forever...maybe some of the days...but not everyday. I hope I told her the truth.

jmq
  4. mindbender

mindbender New Member

5. skikat

skikat New Member

sleep in recliner /husband in bed== i just havent been able to stay in the recliner overhight as i feel so guilty with my husband in bed. the computer is in our bedroom so i stay on it all night and do not go to bed until around 7 am. then i crawl in bed with him for at least a little while before he awakes. but i cannot sleep in that bed. i wake up screaming in such pain that i beg GOD to just let me die sometimes. it is so unbearable. i dont know the answer. i just keep praying.---ski
  6. blkkat

blkkat New Member

HI DOES YOUR NECK HURT IN THE BED? DOES IT WHEN YOU SLEEP IN THE CHAIR? WHY I ASK IS I USE ONE OF THOSE MEMMORY 108.00$ PILLOWS YOU KNOW THE ONES THAT THE(( BEDS COST AN ARM AND A LEG.))

ANYWAYS MY POINT IS IF I SLEEP AND PUT ANY PRESSURE ON MY NECK , MY PAIN IS OVER THE TOP. THE PILLOW HELPS NOT PUT ALOT OF PRESURE ON IT. ALSO I USE A THICK SOFT FEATHER TOPPER ON TOP OF MY MATTRESS., SO NO PRESSURE SPOTS AS MUCH. PLUS I SLEEP W/ A THICK PILLOW BETWEEN MY KNEES.

SO I WONDER IF WHILE YOUR IN THE CHAIR YOUR NOT PUTTING SO MUCH PRESSURE ON YOUR NECK BECAUSE YOUR NOT REALLY LAYING ALL THE WAY FLAT ON YOUR NECK.

JUST THOUGHT THIS MIGHT HELP. SORRY ITS LATE AND IM ON MY MEDS. GOD BLESS --BLKKAT

P.S SKI WE CARE ABOUT YOU, EVEN IF WE'LL NEVER MEET HERE, WHY BECAUSE WERE ALL GODS CHILDREN.

WE HAVE EACH OTHER THANK GOD WHEN WE NEED A HAND UP ON OUR REAL BAD DAYS . THEN WHEN YOU SEE ONE OF US YOUR RIGHT THERE I'M SURE HELPING ONE OF US. WERE IN THIS ALL TOGETHER I TRY NOT TO FORGET THAT. WE REALLY DO CARE ABOUT YOU SKI! TRY AND GET SOME REST OK . YOUR NEW FRIEND --BLKKAT
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2007]