Lazy Boys and recliners in general...?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peachbunnee, Aug 26, 2006.

1. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

When at home, I usually spend a lot of time in bed. I have a TV in my room and watch tv and movies from bed.

I am thinking of getting a recliner for my living room and moving my TV out there.

In addition to FM, I have some back and neck issues.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

peach
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Well, in 1998 I bought two lazyboys: by 2001, the arm's stuffing had deterioriated so much from our elbows, the company sent a truck to pick them up and restuffed them. Now, 2006, they are bad again.

Also, we are both 5'2", and they are too, too, big! Your head is pushed forward into an awful position, so we need cushions in them to sit on...drag...

BUT, when I visit my brother,he has one of those nicely upholstered ones, not all padded or anything, and it is just perfect for me.

I highly recommend the right size one for you, as keeping our feet elevated is best for us.

Good luck moving out to the living room!

findmind
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I have a Lazy Boy recliner that we bought last fall. I've forgotten the exact model and name. But it helped me move out to the living room for much more of the day. I spend most of the morning in it, in fact, and find mine very comfortable. I also nap in it. Gradually, over time, I was able to spend more time in it.

I have a good floor lamp next to it, for bright reading light.

Kholmes
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2006]
  4. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I thought you were talking about me when I saw lazy boy and recliner..........But actually, I have 2 in the living room, and one at the foot of my bed.

The la-z-boy at the foot of my bed is because I sleep back and forth throughout the night from the bed to the recliner. Mainly because of stomach problems and all the pain from fibro..

I have to admit that it can become uncomfortable for my neck & back when sleeping very long in the recliner. But it's great for television watching both in the living room or the bedroom........But I also have to admit that I can become a very lazy boy in the la-z-boy.........

By the way; Happy Birthday this month!!

[This Message was Edited on 08/26/2006]
  5. jake123

jake123 New Member

I just bought a recliner, I think it is made out of "pleather". It is very cushy and yes, I can sleep in it. It has a detached ottoman which my grandson loves to lay on his belly and go back and forth.
    It has been cool to sit on this very HOT summer.
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

That rise up and go down.Both were given to me.I just love them especially when both my knees are weak.Linda
  7. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I have a leather lazyboy recliner and I love it. It's large, but I'm tall and it fits me prefectly. If you'd get the right size for you, I think you'd really like a lazyboy.

Barb
  8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I have loved my last two. I lived in one for nearly 2 years. I rotate between the bed and the recliner. The one I have now is a dual leather Lazy Boy with a console in between the chairs. It's much better than my bed when using the computer or watching TV.

Be careful when you make the purchase. The last two I bought have been leather and do not have a "puffy" neck section and they lay completely flat.

I have had others that caused me pain because of the pillow, they would not completely recline, and in general they were to big for my body.
  9. caperkat

caperkat New Member

You absolutely have to get one!

kat
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

I could not live without my big LazyBoy recliner!!!!!!

My daughter bought 2 Lane recliners and they were sent to the dump 2 years later -- she said she would never buy that brand again. They replaced them with LazyBoys.

However, LazyBoy has DIFFERENT QUALITY OF CHAIRS!!!!

You can buy a $200 recliner or an $800 recliner. Remember, you only get what you pay for!!!!! A $200 recliner will not last NEARLY AS LONG as the high-end quality. They are made of a different quality of fabric, stuffing, wood, and everything.

My DH purchased me a top-of-the-line LazyBoy rocker-recliner when our first daughter was born in 1972. That chair went through raising all 3 of our children and DH forced me to give it away and get a new one in 1999. I rocked all the babies, they jumped all over it when they were young, and it was my all-time favorite chair.

However, my new L-B rocker-recliner is fantastic. It has a big seat in it, puffy arms, short back, and everything that fits me just right!

IMPORTANT: You can't just send your hubby out to buy you a rocker-recliner!!! There are so many styles, you have to sit in ALL OF THEM until you find the one that was just made for you!!! LOL I have short legs and only 5'4" and my DH is 6"4" and needs a tall-man chair!! We each shopped for our own individual chair. I can't sit in his chair--my feet don't even come close to hitting the floor!! His back head rest hits me way above my head! I feel like a midget in it!!

If you can afford it, buy the top of the line -- it will last forever!
  11. tiasnana

tiasnana New Member

Just found this board last week and have learned so much already. I have had TMJ for about 30 years, and was diagnosed with Fibro about 5 years ago. I have a recliner and sometimes that is the only place I can sleep. Mine is a rocker, but also reclines fully. The best part of it is the massage and heat. I agree that you have to find one that fits you. I am 5'1" and my husband is over 6' and we cannot use the same chair because his is just too big for me. I have a hard time getting in and out of it, and sometimes when I recline it, I can't it the foot rest to go back down. I also have a recliner on the end of my couch, but it's not as comfortable. I had pnuemonia last year, and when I got out of the hospital, I had to use either the recliner chair or the sofa recliner to sleep because I couldn't lay in the bed. I don't remember who makes the chair I have, but then I can't remember much of anything.
    Thanks so much for letting me be part of this wonderful group.