LDL and tri clicrides up because of stress?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Charleen, May 15, 2006.

1. Charleen

Charleen New Member

I had my test last week because doc thought I might havw sugar on top of the fibro, cfs and all the rest. Today hw told me my sugar was ok but the LdL's and the tri's are off the charts. He told me it was because of the stress I am under. He wants me on the Atkins diet because I can not take the meds. Has anyone been told there Ldl, or tri's are due to stress?
  2. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Triglycerides, if it is not familial, are due to carbs and sugars.

Cutting back on them, and increasing omega 3's can, sometimes get them down without statins.

I had bene taking fish oil and flax seed oil and despite being a fat little thing, my triglycerides and cholesterols and LDL were PERFECT.

Then, I had to go off them for a month, because I was having a series of injections into my spine, cervical spine, thoracic spine, pyriformis muscles, and SI joints.

Fish oil, and I think flax seed, as well, EFFECT CLOTTING. ALL OF YOU, IF YOU GO INTO THE HOSPITAL OR HAVE SURGERY, YOU SHOULD BE OFF THEM FOR FIVE DAYS, TO LET CLOTTING BECOME NORMAL.

Many people do not know this. I mentioned this to my CRNA when I was having one of them, and the RN there didn't know it.

At any rate, off the stuff for one month and all the stressers and off it, and my LDL SHOT UP 50 POINTS.

My doc said get back on that stuff, I did, and it has gone down 25 points in three weeks.