LDN fibromyalgia how many on it? Does it help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Jan 8, 2010.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

I have read where a lot of people have sleep issues. Does it really help pain and what do you do if you are hurting? I cannot take advil.
  2. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

I've been on my full dose, 4.0 mg, for over a yr. now. Worked my way up slowly from 0.5 mg.

My fibro is very minimal these days. Helped my arthritis a LOT as well. I'm not often around on the boards here anymore. Got a life now!

I think that for me, the LDN was the icing on the cake. I did get some relief from hormone balancing and thyroid treatment prior to trying LDN.

And yes, I did have a formal fibro diagnosis. Lots of tender points. But I'm no longer tender. Often in past had flares that confined me to my house with a walker. I couldn't tell you where the walker's gotten to, haven't needed it in forever. Used to use a pneumatic "butt-booster" to help me stand from sitting, muscles & joints so weak & painful. But I can't remember now when I last had a flare, been so long. I'm not nearly as reactive to foods, weather changes, stress as I used to be.

For the record, I am one whose fibro is likely somewhat related to inflammatory/autoimmune conditions. Though the intense pain & dx came after an injury. I think LDN is more often beneficial in autoimmune-related conditions than perhaps for other stuff. Not all fibro is the same, IMO -- though there are many differing opinions on that point.

LDN did mess my sleep up a tad but I upped my melatonin to 2.5 mg. Occasionally I'll wake up for a little bit around 2 a.m., but it's been a small price to pay for the benefit I've received.

Have toyed with going off the LDN, but after 3 days fibro & arthritis symptoms start getting pretty bad again.

Best wishes to you.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/09/2010]
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

Why are you toying with the idea of going off of it? Sounds like you are doing so good.
    Do you have any bad side effects?
    I am so happy for you.
    Thanks a bunch