LDN for CFS or only helps with FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bluegnu, Nov 14, 2009.

1. bluegnu

bluegnu New Member

Hi - me again - LDN is keeping me awake at night, so I'm going to switch to day, I think. I can't afford to lose any more sleep. My question is - has LDN helped anyone with CFS/ME? I am very fortunate to not have pain. Most of what I've read seems to imply that it helps with FM but haven't heard much success with CFS. Please let me know if you know different, and thank you!
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I'm taking it and I have both ME/CFS and FM. Initially I started with 4.5 mg and that was way too much, but I did notice a decrease in pain and an increase in energy.....however, like I said it was way too high a dose and I had a lot of problems with it....decreased to 1.2, still too much, decreased to .5.....have been on that dose for 6 weeks or so and cannot seem to increase it

even taking it when I wake up it still seems to be affecting my sleep some.....I have noticed some very subtle positive changes in how I feel otherwise, though, and I keep hoping to find a way to increase the does again, even a little, bc I think if I could it would be very helpful

I do also know that some people with MS have found it to work quite well for them, and since there are a lot of similarities between ME/CFS and MS, it would make sense that it might work for both