Lead Me In Your Truth (song)

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by readalot, Sep 12, 2004.

1. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

I am finally feeling better good enough to post the song that I said that I was going to last week. Keep praying for me concerning the cold. I have been having coughing attacks. I want this rotten thing gone.

This is a prayer song that I wrote when I was 19 years old. I am 49 now. Following it is a prayer from the Book of Psalms.

Lead Me In Your Truth

Lead me in your truth and teach me,
    For you are the God of my salvation,
    And it is you that set me free,
    And I love you for what you have done.

Lord, I know that you're the only way,
    And I want you more and more,
    For many years I went my own way,
    Looking for something worth living for.

I was running from you,
    And making life the way I wanted to,
    Then I realized I needed you,
    You changed me and made me new.

Lord, you are my wonderful redeemer,
    And I thankyou for saving my soul,
    You pulled me out of the muck and mire,
    And have shown me a new way to go.

Psalm 86:1-7; 11-13

Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul, for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O lord: for I cry unto thee daily. Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive: and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Give ear, O LORD unto my prayer, and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.

Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth; unite my heart to fear thy name I will praise thee O Lord my God, with all my heart; and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Of course I am using the King James Version here. Feel free to look up the scriptures in the translation of your choice.

May God bless you, and keep you each day.

readalot