Lead Poisoning????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by browneyes259, Oct 10, 2005.

1. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

Just curious if anyone that has had lead poisoning thinks that it contributed to them ultimately being dx'd w/ FMS/CFS/etc....

I was talking to girlfriend of mine at work the other day and she asked me to post this ? for her. Her daughter got lead poisoning as a small child and had to be treated for it for 2 yrs.

Has a lot of permanent health problems from that time period and is curious if some of her syptoms now could be FM/CFS/etc. Just curious if anyone has heard anything on this.

Thanks,
    Jen
  2. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

want to get an answer for my friend if possible.....
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

4. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

I'll certainly pass this on to my co-worker. It sounds like her daughter may just want to get checked out by a doctor to see what's going on.

Elliespad--Hey, Hey a fellow New Yorker! I actually lived in a small town north of Albany called Gloversville. Most people have never heard of it so I usually use Albany as a refernce point. I have noticed a change in my pain since we moved down and it is nice not being trapped in the house because the cold hurts so much. Everyone always tells me, "but it's so hot", my motto is "hot doesn't hurt!" What do you think? At least I'm not freezing anymore. Ahh! I'll never miss that.

Unfortunately my FMS/CFS etc., etc. is progressively getting worse (thought that couldn't happen??!! :(). Anyway I'm trying the FFc in Dallas and after only 1 visit am noticing an improvement, small though it may be, in my fatigue and pain. Hey, progress is progress and I'll greedily take any I can get.

Saw that you enjoy camping too. On of my favorite ways to vacation. Growing up we camped pretty regularly. So peaceful and relaxing!

Anyway, enough rambling on and on. Nice to meet you and thanks for the input!

Hugs,
    Jen
  5. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

People who live in older homes or live in older neighborhoods often have high lead levels due to paint chips in the soil where they play, walk, and garden and lead dust in the homes.

High lead can cause mental retardation and any number of other things.

She should get it treated.

There is a genetic component to FM and CFS. Little doubt about it.

I grew up in a valley with tremendous numbers of chemical plants and other environmental pollutants and my mother, sister, and I all have FM. Did the environment play a part? It is hard to say.
  6. orachel

orachel New Member

but last year my husband and I were stripping our 130 yr old home of 90 layers of old paint, and I know we encountered lead in a big way. We were using heat guns as well, so that can't have helped. That's definitely something i need to look into!

Hugs,
    Rachel
  7. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

...for the input. I'll pass it along.

kerilynn-my FM story is similar to yours; had symptoms as a teen but was involved in 2 car accidents in 1998 and that kicked my FM into full gear and so far it is stuck there.

What can you do, but keep on keepin on!

Hugs,
    Jen
  8. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I know that Chelation gets rid of toxic levels of lead, mercury etc. If you can find a Wholistic Dr in your area to do it! It also lowers the blood pressure. My husband has cut his Cozaar dosage in half.It is given by IV and is very much worth the money to have it done. It will be a seties of several Chelation treatments but it works.
    Shirley