Leaky Bladder, anyone???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, May 24, 2006.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

This is so disgusting!! I don't blame it on to my age either. The combination of FMS and Spinal Stenosis.

I tried wearing a panty liner and that irritated me and wrinkled up when I had it on and hurt. I have gone to bigger one and feel more confident in it.

I have an allergy cough right now and that plays havoc with the leaks - i can enen feel them??? It also gives an odor that I hate!!!!!!! I have begun to use the feminine spray even though I don't wish to.

When I have been in public awhile and can't change, I feel as if everyone can sniff and smell me~~~~~~

Anyone else bothered with this disgusting problem???

Gentle Hugs

Joan
  2. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Joan,

I haven't had any leakage (yet), but my bladder has gotten very low and easily irritated due to a combination of the FM and sacral fractures I have had in the past year. Your muscles that support the bladder are attached to your spine, so any spinal weakness, damage or muscle spasms can affect it.

I don't have any advice about a panty liner or anything, but I hope you find something that will help. Hopefully someone else will respond who has found something helpful.

Julie
  3. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I had the leaks so bad before and after I had my second daughter by c-section - every cough, sneeze or laugh was like a gush. Too much for the standard pantiliner.

I used the Poise pads - but not Poise - a generic version called "CareOne BeSure Bladder Control Pads" rated Extra Absorbency that I got at WalMart. If you read the side panels, you can compare various products and type as they are all rated by volume of liquid that they will absorb.

Preparation H makes Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera moist wipes - you can get them in a box or as individual little packets - that will give you a nice "freshen up" without sparking a yeast infection by using a deodorant spray and they are flushable.

Hope this helps!

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  4. Charleen

Charleen New Member

when I read your message I felt like it was me writing it.
    I too smell an odor.

I ride on the vack of my hubbys motorcycle and when I get off sometimes I feel like I have peed my pants.
    When I cough I feel it coming too.

I have never had a week blader. I have no answers wish I did.
    I am wearing depends sometimes. I would like an answer too.
    Sorry I couldn't help you but know you are not alone.
  5. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

A friend of mine was having a terrible time with a weak bladder.

The pelvic floor exercises were of no benefit to her until one day a nurse gave her the tip 'imagine you're pulling up an elevator.'

She now swears by this, and spreads the word as much as she can.

Hope things improve for you.
    Robyn.
  6. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I don't have a leaky bladder, but have really bad interstitial cystitis. I think the muscles of our bladders & urethras, & our bladder wall mast cells, can be severely affected by FMS.

Have you been refered to a urologist to see what drugs may help you?

Incontinence pads are deodorised & probably better for your problem. hugs
  7. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

I have a little leakage all the time, but it is really bad when I am sick with a cold or the flu. When I had the flu a few months ago, I had bronchial spasms really bad and would cough super hard. I had to wear a nighttime heavy flow kotex type pad during the day because I didn't just leak a tiny bit, I would actually pee my pants a good amount. My incontinence also affects me a bit when I squat down to see something on a bottom shelf in the store isle.

Just in the past week I've been sure to put on a panty liner first thing everyday. I feel it helps with odors more so than if I don't wear one. Don't ever get the generic pads at Wal-Mart. Maybe generic is okay elsewhere but the generic pads at Wal-Mart seem to have some kind of a plastic liner over the pads and it hurts when they rub against you. I'd suggest using "Kotex Lightdays Odor Absorbing Liners- Extra Coverage." When I was a kid those odor absorbing pads made me itchy and gave me yeast infections but these Kotex ones work just fine for me.

I've been checked by my GYN and she said I look fine down there and she ran a couple of tests and they came back negative. No reason for the odor.... other than leaking a bit of pee off and on through the day.

I am about 50 pounds overweight and I don't always shower every day... I often go 2 days without one. So I can understand odor on those days (and I definitely don't go to town on those days! LOL).

I saw a dr for this problem one time and he said I have Stress Incontinence and he gave me some pills for it. The name of them escapes me atm, but I do remember they gave me a bad headache. Seems there were other side effects, too. Darn this fibro fog!