Leaky Gut Syndrome

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maps, Feb 6, 2007.

1. maps

maps New Member

Has anyone experienced this and if so what did you do to solve it.

I am going to CFS doctor Friday. Had nausea before xmas which has progressed to sever digestive pain and now having extreme pain in joints, muscles, bottom, in fact everywhere.

So I am thinking that it might be leaky gut syndrome. Any input would be appreciated.

regards
    maps
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

It's called a gut permeability test. Genovations might offer it.

I think the usual answer is glutamine.

Delia
  3. ksl25

ksl25 New Member

i read a book that suggests you boost up your pro-biotics and avoid YEAST and SUGAR. this can help get your intestines back in order.

good luck

look for a book called"the bible cure"
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

But my doctor says lots of probiotics. Like 60 billion organisms per day.

This is equal to about 40 regular probiotic capsules. Obviously absurd. You've got to get something more potent.

He sells his own formula in his office (about $1 per capsule--60 billion organisms, 18 different strands). i think it's the only item he has compounded (except for an expensive face cream he developed for his wife and makes available to patients who ask for it).

I'm sure there are other high-potency probiotics available too. His is available through mail order from his office though.

Best, Lisa

5. pocahontas606

pocahontas606 New Member

i take culturelle - it has 30 billion per cap (i think... i have to 2x check it). maybe an option - doesn't make my face swell so i can't see how most of you wouldn't be okay! my family uses me as a gauge.. we laugh.. we say if i can take anybody can... hope this helps.
  6. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

Also my chiropractor always checks my ilio secal valve sp?? which for me is often in the open position. It should be closed. He then adjusts it.
  7. maps

maps New Member

Boy, this board moves fast.

Thanks for the replies I will up my probiotic while waiting for doc appointment, perhaps it will help a little.

regards
    maps
  8. Catseye

Catseye Member

I took something with glutamine and glucosamine sulfate as the prime ingredients and it seemed to help me alot. I ran out of it in one month and I didn't see the need to reorder any. Of course, I had been eating only "safe" foods, too, to make sure I didn't aggravate it.

That means I only ate veggies, brown rice, garbanzo beans, apples, grapes and little bits of chicken and fish.

I did that for months, but I was having liver issues, too, not just my gut. I have glutamine powder which I have just started taking again, not for this, but it sure can't hurt. And I also have glucosamine sulfate pills which I'll probably open up soon because I'm having food allergy symptoms, now that I'm introducing other foods into my diet. For example, I keep sneezing alot and that may be a leaky gut issue. I've also read that leaky gut is extremely hard to heal.

I don't think a doctor can help with leaky gut because I don't believe there are any drugs or tests for it. I guess this is another one of those things that they feel exists only in the minds of cfs people/hypochondriacs.

best wishes,

karen