Leanne and KLutzo Re: Imetrex

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marinemom, Oct 4, 2002.

1. marinemom

marinemom New Member

I had an EKG BEFORE he diagnosed the Fibro, which is what I have, KLutzo. That and osteoarthritis in knees and ankles.

I didn't have any reaction to the Imetrex except instant relief! After over a week of major pain and a Blow Out on Wednesday night, (complete with vomitting and all, sorry, no ladylike way to say that) I was extremely overjoyed.

Sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience with this. I read the warnings and saw that it was possible, along with a whole bunch of others, but after I took it, I just sat with my son watching TV for about an hour or so and mentally monitored my body for ANY type of reaction. Thankfully I had none! =)

((((((((hugs))))))))
    Kathy
  2. marinemom

marinemom New Member

I had an EKG BEFORE he diagnosed the Fibro, which is what I have, KLutzo. That and osteoarthritis in knees and ankles.

I didn't have any reaction to the Imetrex except instant relief! After over a week of major pain and a Blow Out on Wednesday night, (complete with vomitting and all, sorry, no ladylike way to say that) I was extremely overjoyed.

Sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience with this. I read the warnings and saw that it was possible, along with a whole bunch of others, but after I took it, I just sat with my son watching TV for about an hour or so and mentally monitored my body for ANY type of reaction. Thankfully I had none! =)

((((((((hugs))))))))
    Kathy
  3. Thella

Thella New Member

glad you had good results with it. A few of my friends take it and swear by it. When I have a migraine they all say here take this.
    No thanks one heart attack is enough for this girl.
    I never want to have the real thing.
    Thella
  4. leann_sweeney

leann_sweeney New Member

and studies show that though 25mg is not very effective, 50 mg seems to be as effective as 100mg. So cut those precious babies in half! I don't know how I would get through some days without the imitrex, but I do get rebound headaches sometimes. There is supposed to be a new migraine drug that doesn't cause rebound. Can't remember the name--which, as most of you know, isn't surprising for a fibro survivor. (-;