Leap Allergy Testing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Dec 11, 2005.

1. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Has anyone done Leap Allergy testing? The FFC has recommended it but forgot to send me information. Did your insurance cover it? Thank you!!!
  2. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

No nothing about this lisaloo....but bumping for you...hopefully someone know's something about this!!
  3. pawprints

pawprints New Member

Hi:

The FFC recommended it to me as well. I checked with my insurance, Aetna, and they would not cover it. It ran about $500 so I decided to hold off on the testing for now.

I will probably check back with Aetna at another time before I pay out of pocket. Sometimes a different rep gives a different answer.
  4. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Lisa,

My insurance (Blue Choice POS) was going to pay everything but $195. I called ins. myself and talked with a really nice rep who told me the reason I would have to pay $195 is because the doctor ordering it is out of network. So, of course, my next question was: What if my PCP (Primary Care Physician) ordered it? She said insurance would pay all of it.
    I left a message with my PCP last Thursday and even dropped off the handout that the FFC gave me. Unfortunately, I haven't heard back. I'm hoping she's checking into it.
    If I don't hear anything by Tuesday, I'm going to call again.

Call your insurance and see if your primary doctor ordered it if they will pay.

I'll keep you updated on whether or not my PCP agrees to write the order.

Sheila