Learned a new trick with my paraffin spa

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen55, Dec 23, 2002.

1. karen55

karen55 New Member

I've been using it for my hands on the advice of my doc, and it helps, at least temporarily, but we take what we can get, right? I figured out tonight I can get my elbows in it if I turned it, and me, just the right way, and does it feel good! Now if I could just figure out a way to get the other aching parts of me in it!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The paraffin can be painted on with a paintbrush, covered with Saran wrap and a heating pad applied over that. The same can be done with stones heated and layed on the body. I think the reason the was works so well is that it retains it's moisture and moist heat is better than dry heat.

I have electric hand-warming mitts. I dip my hands, encase them in plastic bags, and place them in the mitts. Ah, heaven!

You can warm moist towels in the over and place them on your body too like they do at the physical therapist. Also, rice socks in the microwave are good too.

Love, Mikie
  3. karen55

karen55 New Member

the rice socks that I've read about frequently on this site. Sounds like it's worth trying. I would honestly love to be able to lie down in a paraffin bath! My hips and neck/shoulders/back are the hardest places to get feeling better. At least the rice socks should help my neck.

Karen
  4. Stephie17

Stephie17 New Member

Hi.. could someone please explain to me what a rice sock is? i have never heard of this before..

thanks