Learning Crochet Good Website to Learn

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PVLady, Jun 8, 2007.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I found a website with some good info for beginners on crochet.

Go to the "learning center" section and you will find crochet...

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I cut off the bottoms of plastic detergent bottles, the pretty ones in yellow, blue, and pink. I punched holes around the top of these bottom sections so I could crochet tops for them. I made little handbags with a drawstring with pom pom ends so they could be closed up like hobo handbags. Here's the cute part--I opened the top and pulled it down over the plastic bottom. Then, I croched a little "hood" over one end of the inside of the purse and voila! a little cradle. I made soft little pillows for inside and put little dolls in them. I made them for all the girls in the neighborhood. I used white yarn and used the color of the bottle bottom to trim the edges.

Little girls love having their own little purses, especially if they hold a secret like a baby in its cradle.

Love, Mikie
  3. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

has a great tutorial for crochet
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for the website! I spent along time trying to learn how to Knit! always ended up with more stiches than was supposed to be on the next row!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

But Crochet is alittle different ,,,I really want to learn!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mikie The Bag you Make sounds Adorable!!

would love to be on the mailing list for buying one!,,,,Love the fact that you use the bottoms of L. soap Jugs!

makes me want to save them and Mail them to you! My Aunt Peggy does the Crocheted Table cloths with the Grape Design,,,,

and the most gorgeous doilys i've ever seen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks Again for the Learning Wedsite!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,, Sis
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My kids are in their early 40's. I didn't have a pattern but I had seen one a grandmother made. I think anyone who knows the basics could make one of these.

Love, Mikie
  6. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Thanks so much for that info PV.

I love to crochet, but can only do straight lines and never know how to finish anything off nicely or to how to read a pattern.

I'd like to try something different.

Sue in Ontario