Leaves of absence

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Missizzy, May 28, 2008.

1. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

I've watched as people have posted recently looking for Doxygirl. I, too, am very worried about her. I can only pray that she's taking a "leave of absence". So I have a suggestion.

When one of us plans to stop posting for a while, whether for health or other reasons, wouldn't it be nicel to post a simple announcement of the fact?
    That way, the rest of us wouldn't be thinking of worst case scenarios.

I think many of us really don't realize how much others care about our well-being. We're all in this DD together and we've shared secrets, experiences, anguish, and pain that we rarely share with those off the board. That has created a unity and a camaraderie which is rare in this world.

When I took some time off in the last few months, I posted that I had been having a hard time after my special needs son assaulted me. Everyone was kind and caring and respectful of my need. If anyone wondered about me, they could have checked my last posts and read the story.

So, if someone needs a "time-out", would it be possible to let us all know so we don't call out the National Guard? We love you, Doxygirl!!

Hugs to everyone,

2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

i had done the same thing when i was having financial problems and no computer or internet. thanks to god i have them back i needed everyone so much and i am thankful to be back. er, the financial problems are still problems but we were able to find cheaper housing and hope and pray this can be the answer for a while. hopefully soon i can hear good news about ssdi and the burdens will be a little better.

whoops...i forgot to add, doxygirl, i hope all is well...god bless!

[This Message was Edited on 05/28/2008]
  3. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

I hope no one thinks I'm admonishing Doxy. I love her and would never do that. I fully realize that we don't always get a head's up that we're heading into a terrible flair or that a family emergency is about to occur.

I guess what I'm suggesting is that if we do have prior notice, it would be great to post that we're taking time off. If we're caught unawares, it would be great to have a spouse or friend post a simple note for us in a timely manner.

Hope that clarifies things.

4. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member