Leaving FM info w name on it in public places??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Jul 21, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I have some of the pamplets from here and was gonna put them in the library if they'll let me and the dr's office and anywhere else I can. Since I don't know anyone in my area with fm and the dr can't tell me who they are would it be the right thing to do to attach info on them with my name and number to call me for info or just to talk if they wanted to. Would like to exchange info with them and maybe learn something new. What do you think. Would it be wrong for me to leave my info in public? Live in small town.

Thanks,Keke
  2. SweetT

SweetT New Member

It's not wrong. But you might attract the wrong types of people. You have to be sooo careful. I would suggest only leaving an email address for those who are interested to contact you. And only arrange to meet them at a public place(restaurant, coffee house, etc.).
  3. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

thinking the same thing, about the e-mail
  4. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Leaving only the pamphlet and a different email address than what you use. You can create one using a free email account like Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.

Also be very careful as like others say you may attract the wrong people. If you are going to have meetings, meet in a public place and have someone with you for your security.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/22/2006]
  5. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

the URL to this Website in Bold letters, on the Front of the phamplets, and my Handel on the back page.

I leave them at the Dr.s offices, with their OK , and also at the Lab's, Hospital waiting rooms, when I have to go there, for test's, and stuff.

That's a nice thing you do, to help others, ;o)

sharonk