Left field Question FMS/MPS Bipolar,Cancer.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by steve69h, Aug 3, 2005.

1. steve69h

steve69h New Member

Just wondering if there is anyone dealing with FMS/MPS and have Bipolar Manic Depression ??? I also have Cancer on top of that butt thats another day and time (lol) Steve
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2005]
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I was diagnosed with bipolar several year's before my fibro, cfs dx. I am, also, a 7 year breast cancer survivor.

Hope this helps. There are several with BP on this site!

Kim
  3. ShannonTauscher

ShannonTauscher New Member

I'm new to this message board. In addition to FMS, I have Bipolar. I see a psychiatrist for that and my GP for my FMS and other medical issues. Antidepressants and other psych meds have not been helpful in managing my FM pain, however, and it's very frustrating!
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Have you asked either of your doc's about Cymbalta? It helps with depression, along with some of the pain with fibro. It's been introduced as a medicine for fibro.

I was given it to boost my Wellbutrin, and to see how it affects my fibro. My dose is very low, but I believe I have noticed a difference in severity of daily pain. It is not gone, but better.

If you want to research this; go to left top of any page and put cymbalta into SEARCH box and look under title.

Good luck!

Kim
  5. steve69h

steve69h New Member

I guess sometimes I just feel like a big baby or something I been reading on FMS/MPS but not mixed with Bipolar. The mix is driving me crazy cause as I try to counter the mental with the pain and the pain with the mental but i keep going in circles. Have tried to ease this and that to have that and this happen. Makes me Nutts I'm just hoping somone might have some ideas to help been manic for a few days and can'tsleep and that cause well on an on an on LOL
    Thank for any help Steve
  6. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I'm bi-polar and take Seroquel for it, it has really helped me, my brain is pretty quiet now, I take cymbalta and trazodone along with it. I have FMS and have had cancer in my 20's.