left hand, palm peeling

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Sep 22, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

My left hand is peeling on the palm, it seems really dry & has several areas of this peeling, none on my right hand.

Any idea what this could be from?

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

My left hand is peeling on the palm, it seems really dry & has several areas of this peeling, none on my right hand.

Any idea what this could be from?

Jaci
  3. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Let me ask you a couple questions first. Have you been out in the woods lately or have you had any contact with trees at all? Have you used any different sort of household cleaners at all? Get back with me and I have a couple ideas.

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

No woods, no trees, no new cleaners. I understand it can be an indicator of something systemic but I cannot remember what exactly.

Thanks a lot!

Jaci
  5. dlizard

dlizard New Member

a reaction to a new med.... are you on any??? antibiotics are famous for doing this..... Good luck!
  6. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Really weird, I get something very similiar, but mine also itches..I happens a couple times a year..And it's only on my left hand........go figure........
    Dr. once said maybe it's phsorysis (boy, I really can't spell) hope you know what I mean.........
    Take Care.......Donna
  7. sickandtired

sickandtired New Member

my husband gets the peeling on the both of his hands. We couldn't figure out why until we kept a mental note of it. When we looked back at all the times, it was usually after some kind of infection (strep throat, bronchitis, sinus inf. ect.). I don't know if thats the case with you, thought it could help.
  8. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

No sinus, no infections, no nothing that I am aware of.

It seems maybe I have read it in relation to thyroid or kidney. Cannot find it when I need the info though.

Jaci
  9. achy

achy New Member

On the palm, up by my pointer and index fingers. A large round "patch" that gets scaly, red, and kinda peels.
    It comes and goes. If ya find out what it is, let us know OK? Showed it to my old Rhumy...he was not impressed...but then, fibro didn't impress him either. LOL
    Achy

[ advertisement ]