LEFT HANDED VERSUS RIGHT HANDED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swen, Oct 4, 2002.

1. swen

swen New Member

I wonder if there is any correlation between the number of left handed people versus right handed people with FMS? I noticed in the Jim Roache article that he mentioned a study that was done using "right handed women with FMS". I wondered why they specified right handed? I am left handed and have always considered myself "klutzy" because of that. It is only recently that I have read that it can be a part of FMS!
  2. swen

swen New Member

I wonder if there is any correlation between the number of left handed people versus right handed people with FMS? I noticed in the Jim Roache article that he mentioned a study that was done using "right handed women with FMS". I wondered why they specified right handed? I am left handed and have always considered myself "klutzy" because of that. It is only recently that I have read that it can be a part of FMS!
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Never have been able to write wiht my left hand.

I think the common link is we all breathe and we all have drank water.

Don't mean to be a smark aleck here but we all have searched & searched for a common denominator.

Jaci
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Most likely they used only right-handed people because they were taking brain scans and wanted to eliminate any differences due to which sides of the brain were in control of which hand is dominant.

BTW, it is very, very good for your brain function to use your nondominant hand to perform activities you would usually use your dominant hand for. When I had surgery on my arm and was in a cast/splint for six months, I had to learn to write with my left hand. I started out doing crossword puzzles so I could practice on something more fun. I got to where I could print pretty well left handed.

Love, Mikie
  5. herblady

herblady New Member

i'm left handed but i am slightly ambidextrous. i wonder if this means anything. cindi
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My older daughter is a leftie married to a leftie. She has always done sports right handed but writes with her left. Many lefties are like this, but few righties are.

I noticed that Bart Simpson is a leftie :)

Love, Mikie
  7. LynneH

LynneH New Member

I find this funny. Right handed, left handed...brown eyes, blue eyes!! Sorry, I'm not trying to make light of your question. Being klutzy comes along with fibro...whether you are right or left handed. lol
    LynneH
  8. swen

swen New Member

no correlation here. It was just a topic I hadn't seen posted and thought it might be worthwhile to see if a lot of lefties had fibro. Obviously not!
  9. motg

motg New Member

I am Right handed but can do a lot of things left handed
    Barb
  10. herblady

herblady New Member

hey mikie, that's the exact same way with me. and i can't snap with my left hand but i can with my right. weird, huh? cindi

[ advertisement ]