left side stomach pain and bloating

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Jun 25, 2008.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Does anyone know what this is from? They said I had alot of stool backed up in my upper stomach.
  2. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Well I'm thinking that you should go get this checked out. When I had the very same symptoms...the pain just got worse and worse until I had to make a trip to the ER.

After a CAT scan was done, they said I had diverticulitus. I went on a course of antibiotics and it improved greatly. Also got some pain meds and was told to take daily fiber for the rest of my life.

Ocassionally I have a flare-up... in which case I go back on the AB's and increase fiber for a while.

Do get it checked out for your own sanity sake. Not knowing is not good! I let mine go until I could hardly walk the pain and pressure was so bad.

Take care of you!! Blessings... CarolK

PS.. do a google search on "diverticulitus symptoms"...see if you fit the symptom list. And yes...the pain is on the LEFT side with that disease![This Message was Edited on 06/25/2008]
  3. willruthie1965

A doctor did mention that he thought I had that about 4 years ago.I didn't have the insurance to get the test done. Ruthie
  4. willruthie1965

I wanted to mention that I was sick 1 wek ago and the doctor at urgent care said there was alot of fecal matter trapped in my upper bowel. Ruthie
  5. CarolK

CarolK New Member

With diverticulitus the fecal matter become trapped in little "cul-de-sac's" in the bowel where it accumulates and then becomes infected... causing pain, gas, bloating.

If your doctor a few years ago mentioned that disease... well you just might want to follow up with an exam to see if that is what is causing your pain.

Like I said before... do a google search on diverticulitus symptoms...it might be of help.

6. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Don't eat anything with tiny seeds or nuts.